1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Tacoma rules
By RG on 07/08/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 13yrs on the road my toy still have the same mileage of 350 +/- on the road in city about 300. keep adding fuel cleaners 3 times a yr from stp, to more expense fuel cleaners at lease ones a yr, change oil every 3-4 mths. No Major problems. Once a yr a false reading of valve stuck comes on ( just reset battery ) warm the car before you drive, and no shifting errors by the driver that will trigger computer errors.

1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab V6
By Bobs95 on 06/27/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 135K on this truck and its still going very strong. I have cheated - I have always used Amsoil pure synthetic lubes, oil and air filters, so low wear is to be expected. But the fact that I've had very few other components fail is testimony to a quality design and the famous Toyota reliability. I've been 4-wheeling and camping and it goes everywhere I need it to. Recently I bought a 4000 pound travel trailer and will likely step up to the V8 Tundra since this trailer is close to the limit of this Tacoma's towing capacity (5000 lbs). But it does tow economically - we just got back from a camping trip up into the high Sierras (6500 feet) and got 15 MPG on the trip towing the trailer.

Family Heirloom
By Bobby Joe on 04/19/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my truck! I bought it new when my son was 3 years old, he will get his drivers license in 2 months and will become the new proud owner. Everything is still in good condition with this truck, it's a little scratched but no engine work whatsoever. I had some brake problems years ago, that is the extent of it's repair history. Very reliable, highly recommended.

Great truck
By reliable on 04/10/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck has been so great for me. I have however replaced quite a bit of stuff. The common 95 Tacoma leaf springs needed to be replaced. Also replaced 3 batteries, starter, altenator, and both rear shocks. Still has original clutch and transmission (thankfully). Adequate gas mileage about 18 per gal. Overall, this truck has been great.

I love my Toyota
By jackie on 07/20/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 98 with 37k miles. I have 153k on it now. Had to replace the shocks, the brakes twice and battery. Low cost vehicle with great zip and I average 26 MPG on hwy and 23 in the city. Starts up everytime, I just love this truck! I am glad to read that people have over 200k with no problems as well. Can't find a better truck out there.

One of best vehicles ever made. Really.
By Truck Guy on 06/25/07 12:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After 170,000 miles of 4WD mountain trails (hard core kayaker and climber), highway trips, towing, hauling, being lent to friends, pulling stuff heavier than rated capability, etc., this truck runs like it did when I bought it new 12 years ago. It's been a second vehicle for years now, and I often meet guys who have 400,000+ miles on these trucks. I've never had an iota of trouble with this truck (except for ripping the antenna off in a car wash). This is a truck that will go 500,000 miles, easy. Plus, it's still quick and fast (110 mph). Still looks relatively good. Wouldn't ever sell it. If you were lucky enough to buy one of these, don't ever sell it.

Best Truck
By BEST TRUCK OUT THERE on 05/31/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1996 with 12000K. This is the best truck out there now. I put 260,000 miles on it and it has never left me stranded. The only complaint is the ride is bumpy now, but it's very strong for a 4 cylinder. The bed is very strong. People underestimate my truck when they see it, but when they see the load I put on it, they are surprised. Now I bought a new 2006 Tundra top of the line limited with TRD pkg. I would recommend Toyota to everyone who is looking for reliability, economy and gas mileage.

My 95 Tacoma after 11 years.
By Jim on 06/03/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My tacoma is now 11 years old with 84000 miles on it. I have the original tires and brakes. I am trading it in for a new 2006 Tacoma just because I want a new truck. The '95 still runs great. I do not regret having bought it. I do all the suggested maintenance and have had no unexpected maintenance issues. The truck has never let me down. I go off road in Utah and Colorado and have a great time with it. Biggest beef is the flimsy drink holder that pulls out from dash. A pop can will bounce around dumping out pop. Another is the brittle paint; it chips too easily.

Durable Truck
By Meross on 02/06/06 15:08 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is fantastic. 182,000 miles and going strong. Drives like new, never breaks, and super reliable. This truck has never broken down- never- and starts every morning like it was new. Original clutch, original starter, original alternator, never a valve job, and the thing still averages 20mpg combined city/highway. This is simply a terrific small truck.

Great little truck
By Tacoma Man on 01/19/06 17:00 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck after many years of saving up with 114K. Got the 2.7L I4, got good power without sacraficing too much mileage. Gas mileage is about 18.5. However, drivers side rear leaf spring broke shortly after purchase. Was a heafty $400 to replace with aftermarket springs. I was told this was very common with first year Tacomas. Overall, no major problems yet, doesn't burn oil, dont make noise. Ride is a little rough though.