Used 1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Tacoma rules
By RG

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 13yrs on the road my toy still have the same mileage of 350 +/- on the road in city about 300. keep adding fuel cleaners 3 times a yr from stp, to more expense fuel cleaners at lease ones a yr, change oil every 3-4 mths. No Major problems. Once a yr a false reading of valve stuck comes on ( just reset battery ) warm the car before you drive, and no shifting errors by the driver that will trigger computer errors.

The level of noise inside is very low.

Need more fancy, electronics, remove the old knobs, they are old, classic. Don't like too much classic.

1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab V6
By Bobs95

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 135K on this truck and its still going very strong. I have cheated - I have always used Amsoil pure synthetic lubes, oil and air filters, so low wear is to be expected. But the fact that I've had very few other components fail is testimony to a quality design and the famous Toyota reliability. I've been 4-wheeling and camping and it goes everywhere I need it to. Recently I bought a 4000 pound travel trailer and will likely step up to the V8 Tundra since this trailer is close to the limit of this Tacoma's towing capacity (5000 lbs). But it does tow economically - we just got back from a camping trip up into the high Sierras (6500 feet) and got 15 MPG on the trip towing the trailer.

Very reliable - I HATE poorly designed vehicles that always have to be babied! This one always runs, always gets you home. Even if you never go 4-wheeling, that's a great feature.

The cup holder is too high and spills drinks on the dash when traversing rough country or roads.

Family Heirloom
By Bobby Joe

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my truck! I bought it new when my son was 3 years old, he will get his drivers license in 2 months and will become the new proud owner. Everything is still in good condition with this truck, it's a little scratched but no engine work whatsoever. I had some brake problems years ago, that is the extent of it's repair history. Very reliable, highly recommended.

Comfortable bucket seats in front, good acceleration, decent gas mileage

Great truck
By reliable

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck has been so great for me. I have however replaced quite a bit of stuff. The common 95 Tacoma leaf springs needed to be replaced. Also replaced 3 batteries, starter, altenator, and both rear shocks. Still has original clutch and transmission (thankfully). Adequate gas mileage about 18 per gal. Overall, this truck has been great.

Ease of 4wd, and power.

suspension has been improved since then, Toyota went to 4 and 5 leaf springs and got away from the 3 leaf, which notoriously breaks. Bucket seats would be nice.

I love my Toyota
By jackie

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 98 with 37k miles. I have 153k on it now. Had to replace the shocks, the brakes twice and battery. Low cost vehicle with great zip and I average 26 MPG on hwy and 23 in the city. Starts up everytime, I just love this truck! I am glad to read that people have over 200k with no problems as well. Can't find a better truck out there.

Fun to drive. Interior space. Cruise control location.

Better shocks out of the fatory. All Toyotas seem to have wimpy shocks.