1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
1998 T100 4WD
By John on 07/21/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is nothing to love about this truck. IF you can find one it's worth every penny. This truck puts both the new Tundra and Tacoma to shame both in looks and in quality. Only trouble with these trucks is they bring a premium price and are highly sought after. If they are in good shape they are expensive and sell very quickly.

Smart move!
By Fishbone on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I made the transition from a Nissan compact truck to this gem. Not only am I amazed by the power of the V6, the good gas mileage and the dependability, I am most impressed by the ride. Honest, my '98 rides like a cadillac! I carry my 670 pound John Deere tractor and pull a trailer full of band gear all over the North Country and have never had a power issue. True love.

I Love What U Do For Me!
By RueVac.com on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

My company purchased this truck for me in February of 1998. I have maintained the truck like clock work. It has never let me down. I tow trailers with equipment and materials without a problem. My truck now has 150,000 miles and is still running as strong as ever. I would deffinately recommend the T-100 to anyone who is considering purchasing a mid-size truck. I installed a Fabtec 3" lift kit, 31" tires and stiffer torsion bars. I ordered new rims with a larger backset to correct the sunken in wheel look. The gas milage suffered slightly however the truck looks as mean as ever.

Great Mid-Size Truck
By Dastankii on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 45,000 miles on a 98 ext. cab, auto, a/c.... I tested the back seat on the new Tundra and I, nor any of my family members could not fit in the back. The dealer said perhaps Toyota made a slit error in designing the Tundra back seat. The T100 is a very strong vehicle. Build quality is tops. Very comfortable and the engine will just blow you away with its power. I tow a 16' bass boat ... no problem. I also get 21 MPG on the highway , and 19 around town. It you're looking for a T100, I suggest you get a 97 or 98. These are hard to find because most owners are not interested in getting rid of wheels that require almost no maintenance.

Best Truck Ever
By Dean on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have driven this truck hard, but maintained it all times. I have done all of the work, save for the timing belt, leaving this truck out of the shop from breakdowns for its entire life. I have 105,000 miles on it and and it still runs like brand new, and of course looks brand new. This, so far, has been the best vehicle I have ever owned and still love it,...it is red. I have put Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs and K&N air filter and it has given the truck a slight better response and power. I must have gotten a good one, because it can keep up or beat a lot of V8's, I sure it is because of the lighter truck. Griff

Solid Performer is Underrated
By km on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Critics panned the T100 when it was introduced; too small, they said. It's the perfect size for me. Plenty of power, lots more cabin space than the Tacoma, plenty of cargo space, with Toyota reliability. At 6'2" I find plenty of room inside. It's been very reliable so far. The interior looks dated with the old style controls, and there are too many stalks on the steering column. Lacks niceties like cargo bed lamp, remote fuel hatch release, etc. It's no Tundra but doesn't cost nearly as much either. And it's a big step up from the Tacoma. Friends say the resale on it will be awful, nobody wants them. I say, "Resale? I'm going to drive it until it falls apart."