Used 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota T100

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By Ron G

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it used 8 years ago, and I've driven it like I stole it ever since. Currently has 196,000 on the clock and I can list the repairs on one hand: new ignition lock cylinder at 120k, new ignition coil and wires at 190k. Less than $600 in repairs. I get about 21 mpg on my daily commute, running it like a scalded dog. The rep on these is golden. I've had several offers to buy mine from complete strangers. This one has made me a loyal Toyota customer for life, if not longer.

Favorite Features

Legendary reliability, perfectly sized truck, strong V6, storage bins under rear seat, designed to be easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major; very few things about this truck irk me. More than one 12vdc outlet would be nice. Hood flexes at highway speeds, alarming passengers.

Great Truck
By Chris

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The T-100 is an overall great truck. I have no complaints. Never had anything go wrong at all. Oil changes and tire rotations are all you really need to do. Very smooth ride, quiet engine, stylish look. The acceleration off the go could be a little better, which is the case with the 4Runner as well. My only gripe is that the interior is bland, which is the case with most Toyotas. Due to the fact that gas is now $5 per gallon, I'm selling the T-100 to purchase a Camry. I have to say that I am so damn upset about this. The T-100 gets good gas mileage for a truck, but not as good as a commuter car. Gotta do it.

Favorite Features

Everything. Best used truck you can buy. Better than the Tacoma and the Tundra. I've driven all three and this one takes the cake.

Suggested Improvements

Sharper interior for all Toyotas. Such great vehicles need a great interior to match.

My supercharged truck
By Masloff

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The driving on this vehicle is awesome. Quiet, comfortable, reliable, rides like a car.

Favorite Features

The engine is strong for a V-6. Plus, you can add a supercharger which reaches almost 300 hp.The bed is over 6 ft. long for the short bed which has enough room for everything.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is roomy has plenty of space. Need new design for the interior.

I Love What U Do For Me!
By RueVac.com

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

My company purchased this truck for me in February of 1998. I have maintained the truck like clock work. It has never let me down. I tow trailers with equipment and materials without a problem. My truck now has 150,000 miles and is still running as strong as ever. I would deffinately recommend the T-100 to anyone who is considering purchasing a mid-size truck. I installed a Fabtec 3" lift kit, 31" tires and stiffer torsion bars. I ordered new rims with a larger backset to correct the sunken in wheel look. The gas milage suffered slightly however the truck looks as mean as ever.

Favorite Features

Lots of torque, great looks, Toyota reliability

Suggested Improvements

Stock wheels look like there mounted too far in.

Love the versatility
By mb

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This t100 has a nice look. Excellent paint. No rust. Shines and looks like new. Tight just like a new one. The first owner had all the dealer records.

Favorite Features

cd casstte stereo. plush and comfortable seats. inside storage. quiet inside. everything about this truck is wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Reinstitute production