1998 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By Ron G on 08/12/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it used 8 years ago, and I've driven it like I stole it ever since. Currently has 196,000 on the clock and I can list the repairs on one hand: new ignition lock cylinder at 120k, new ignition coil and wires at 190k. Less than $600 in repairs. I get about 21 mpg on my daily commute, running it like a scalded dog. The rep on these is golden. I've had several offers to buy mine from complete strangers. This one has made me a loyal Toyota customer for life, if not longer.

Great Truck
By Chris on 06/11/08 01:42 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The T-100 is an overall great truck. I have no complaints. Never had anything go wrong at all. Oil changes and tire rotations are all you really need to do. Very smooth ride, quiet engine, stylish look. The acceleration off the go could be a little better, which is the case with the 4Runner as well. My only gripe is that the interior is bland, which is the case with most Toyotas. Due to the fact that gas is now $5 per gallon, I'm selling the T-100 to purchase a Camry. I have to say that I am so damn upset about this. The T-100 gets good gas mileage for a truck, but not as good as a commuter car. Gotta do it.

My supercharged truck
By Masloff on 09/03/06 13:33 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The driving on this vehicle is awesome. Quiet, comfortable, reliable, rides like a car.

Love the versatility
By mb on 04/19/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This t100 has a nice look. Excellent paint. No rust. Shines and looks like new. Tight just like a new one. The first owner had all the dealer records.

I Love What U Do For Me!
By RueVac.com on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

My company purchased this truck for me in February of 1998. I have maintained the truck like clock work. It has never let me down. I tow trailers with equipment and materials without a problem. My truck now has 150,000 miles and is still running as strong as ever. I would deffinately recommend the T-100 to anyone who is considering purchasing a mid-size truck. I installed a Fabtec 3" lift kit, 31" tires and stiffer torsion bars. I ordered new rims with a larger backset to correct the sunken in wheel look. The gas milage suffered slightly however the truck looks as mean as ever.

Solid Performer is Underrated
By km on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Critics panned the T100 when it was introduced; too small, they said. It's the perfect size for me. Plenty of power, lots more cabin space than the Tacoma, plenty of cargo space, with Toyota reliability. At 6'2" I find plenty of room inside. It's been very reliable so far. The interior looks dated with the old style controls, and there are too many stalks on the steering column. Lacks niceties like cargo bed lamp, remote fuel hatch release, etc. It's no Tundra but doesn't cost nearly as much either. And it's a big step up from the Tacoma. Friends say the resale on it will be awful, nobody wants them. I say, "Resale? I'm going to drive it until it falls apart."