1997 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Total reliability
By daleer on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My t-100 has 70,000 miles on it now and I've never had to do any repairs at all. That's right - not one problem in 70,000 miles and all I do is change the oil. It's a good looking and great truck overall (engine is a little underpowered with my suspension lift and big tires) but the reliability of this truck is what makes it awesome!

Good Truck
By Kipg on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had minor troubles with this truck. I have 85k miles on it and it runs like a top. A few frustrations have been the exhaust crossover pipe and the antilock brakes. The crossover pipe bolts came loose and made a terrible noise that took awhile to find the source of. (OK now) The antilock brakes, well, I just don't like them in general. Nothing particularly bad about Toyota's. All I can say is that it is a very good feeling knowing that you have a Toyota when the miles start climbing over 60k.

perfect truck
By cartaufalous on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

70,000 miles and nothing has ever broken. The clock works. The stereo works. Everything works. Perfectly.

Good truck
By thenetfoundry on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought used with about 90,000 miles on it. Had to replace the spark plugs, which improved the gas mileage also. Has about 113,000 on it now. It's been very reliable.

This Could Be The Ultimate Truck
By Biscotti on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has to do it all: work hard all day in 4WD out in the woods on a tree farm, haul the kids to school, and look good downtown on a night out (and be easy to park). It does all of this in great style, and has never had need for more than regular maintenance. It is a torque monster - it has literally pulled stumps out of the ground many times. All this and fuel economy too, are you listening Detroit?

I love my truck
By High School Brat on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck is such a great vehicle, i have yet to get stuck and i got hunting, four wheeling and everything through the snow, rain, sleet, hail, and everything. i love my truck...i have been in a couple bang ups in it, and it still runs perfect with the dents and no repair. the seat belts work a little too perfect though, they always lock...which i guess is a good thing. i got the truck for my freshman year of high school and it has been with me through my graduation year. this year. and i will continue to take it to college. its a smart buy.

Good, reliable truck
By Bob A. on 03/15/02 11:22 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new. Only major problem was rebuild of rear axle at 59K miles covered under powertrain warranty. Probably related to pulling boat at close to 5K tow rating limit. Consistantly gets around 19mpg. Seat belt retractors suck, they never worked right from new, but thats the only real complaint. Aftermarket accessories limited compared to American big 3.