1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
97 t100 sr5 5 speed
By bruce777 on 11/18/12 19:20 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought a 97 t100 sr5 2wd 5 speed about a month ago it has 195000 as of now. i have put 5k on it myself. I really love this truck its small enough to go anywhere but big enough to tow and haul. the engine runs really well. i have had to put some money in to it though, and let me tell you these parts arent cheap and thats if you can find them. autozone only carries about half of what you need including wheel bearings and a number of other things that should be supplied. I am having real problems with my 5 speed trans. front input shaft bearing is going bad witch is going to be a 1000 for a rebuilt one. clutch pedal broke though firewall had to make my own bracket to stop anymore damage. drained rearend today and it was full of water. these trucks where cheaply made but there are some great ones out there just beware of the bad ones.

272,000 miles and counting
By Tuck in Houston on 08/18/09 15:42 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new, it had 2.5 miles on it; probably putting it on and taking it off the ship from Japan. All 271,996.5 miles are MINE. This is a great truck, the best vehicle I have ever owned, no complaints. I have replaced the clutch; taught my wife to drive a standard. Currently in the process of having the interior restored, new carpet and door upholstery. Good for another 272k!!

T100 It keeps running & running.
By Rick Obeid on 11/26/07 11:16 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my T100 in Jan 1997 with the idea that I would use it to get back and forth to work and light hauling such as my 14ft. Alumnacraft boat. In almost 11 years of ownership it has never left me stranded. I've had two problems with the truck where the repair costs were over $150. The first was AC related and was covered by the standard warranty. The second repair was more of a wear issue, the valve cover gaskets needed replacing. The truck started leaking very small amounts of oil. All other repairs have been minor or routine maintenance. I'm selling the truck to a friend because he needs a reliable fuel efficient vehicle. Good luck finding one!

VERY HAPPY
By Cesar Ruvalcaba on 08/09/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Given the regular maintenance, it works flawlessly. The only repair needed in 8 years has been the starter! I love it, VERY dependable, never broken down or even gotten close to it.

Good, reliable truck
By Bob A. on 03/15/02 11:22 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new. Only major problem was rebuild of rear axle at 59K miles covered under powertrain warranty. Probably related to pulling boat at close to 5K tow rating limit. Consistantly gets around 19mpg. Seat belt retractors suck, they never worked right from new, but thats the only real complaint. Aftermarket accessories limited compared to American big 3.