1997 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
From New til Now
By 283fs on 03/03/13 14:34 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my T-100 new in Jan 97. Best truck I have ever owned, got 120,000 and have only replaced the starter, ($120.00) Only tuned up once and still runs like a dream. Don't know much about the Tundra, but if it is half the truck this is they have got a winner.

97 t100 sr5 5 speed
By bruce777 on 11/18/12 19:20 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought a 97 t100 sr5 2wd 5 speed about a month ago it has 195000 as of now. i have put 5k on it myself. I really love this truck its small enough to go anywhere but big enough to tow and haul. the engine runs really well. i have had to put some money in to it though, and let me tell you these parts arent cheap and thats if you can find them. autozone only carries about half of what you need including wheel bearings and a number of other things that should be supplied. I am having real problems with my 5 speed trans. front input shaft bearing is going bad witch is going to be a 1000 for a rebuilt one. clutch pedal broke though firewall had to make my own bracket to stop anymore damage. drained rearend today and it was full of water. these trucks where cheaply made but there are some great ones out there just beware of the bad ones.

272,000 miles and counting
By Tuck in Houston on 08/18/09 15:42 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new, it had 2.5 miles on it; probably putting it on and taking it off the ship from Japan. All 271,996.5 miles are MINE. This is a great truck, the best vehicle I have ever owned, no complaints. I have replaced the clutch; taught my wife to drive a standard. Currently in the process of having the interior restored, new carpet and door upholstery. Good for another 272k!!

200,000 hard miles
By truckintahoe on 07/02/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 97 T100 is used as it should be, a no nonsense truck in the Sierra, NV mtns. I can't say enough about the quality (nothing squeaks when I hit bumps), comfort and overall driveability of the truck. Toyota had a winner with this one. Everything works excellent and my A/C still blows coldddd.

Wow
By Bill on 10/29/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck only a month ago, as a weekend toy/home maint vehicle. However, I have fallen in love with it and want to drive it all the time! It's my second Toyota and not my last. It has 193,000 miles on it, but looks great in/out, no leaks, no smoking. I was looking for a Tacoma when I stumbled onto this truck, this truck should have been better publicized!

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 w/208,000 miles alr
By gene on 10/25/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I can't wait to say I have a quarter of a million miles on my truck. I drive it everyday both city and highway. I changed the front brakes twice and they are not any where needed yet. I changed the rears a third time only because the emergency brake cable froze. I have had two mufflers one I paid for and the second one was replaced by the dealer because they said any repairs they did was warrantied for life. No lightbulbs needed yet but I did revert to White Lights. Has the best headlights I have ever had on any vehicle. Rides great even on still original shocks. Minimum rust which I am getting fixed. Back bumper also needs replaced - rust. Overall I have been very pleased with my truck.

'97 4x4 SR5 Ext cab... what a truck
By nashvegas on 10/24/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought a new (used) '97 T100 and can't say enough good about the truck. Just changed out timing belt/water pump and cv boots/front axles- 143,000 well taken care of miles from previous owner. Added chrome nerf bars and Zaino clay bar and wax. What a beaut. Ride and handling is adequate, mechanical quality is simple yet superb and exterior styling just make this truck special and will hold it's value for years to come. Buy one that has been treated well if you can find one.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Stephen on 10/21/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this vehicle new and have put nearly every mile on it. The truck has far exceeded my expectations. It is now over 11 years old and has 215,000 miles on it. Outside of normal maintenance items, the only things I've replaced are the driver's seat belt, a $30 switch to the 4wd solenoid, and the CV boots. That's it! The truck averages 20 mpg which I consider great for a nearly full size truck with 4wd. It does have the manual transmission and I'm still on the first clutch but shifting is starting to get rougher (synchronizer?) Driving at 65 mph with no A/C, it gets 21 to 23 mpg. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable truck. I wish they still made them!

Bought at 10 years old
By Bigdog on 07/27/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Came to me with 144,000 miles on it. Drives great on the highway, straight and true and smooth. Takes the bumps like a pickup, but then that's what it's called. Previously owned a '79 4WD Toyota, and this is like a Cadillac to me. Reasonable sized rear bed with the extra back seat for shopping and inside packages. 4WD sits as tall as all it's bigger brothers and sounds great! My wife drove it into the end of the garage and with a new bumper and headlight, it looks the same as before. Tough truck!

T100 It keeps running & running.
By Rick Obeid on 11/26/07 11:16 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my T100 in Jan 1997 with the idea that I would use it to get back and forth to work and light hauling such as my 14ft. Alumnacraft boat. In almost 11 years of ownership it has never left me stranded. I've had two problems with the truck where the repair costs were over $150. The first was AC related and was covered by the standard warranty. The second repair was more of a wear issue, the valve cover gaskets needed replacing. The truck started leaking very small amounts of oil. All other repairs have been minor or routine maintenance. I'm selling the truck to a friend because he needs a reliable fuel efficient vehicle. Good luck finding one!