T100SR5 2WD is the best combination
By T100KLX on
1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB
For 99% of people this is the right truck. It gets exceptional gas mileage, I get about 7MPG better than my Dad's similar Ford, and the same as my brother's 95 S-10 2WD! The quality is better than any domestic truck! Get the SR5 if you intend on doing any towing. If you want to maximize fuel economy just keep the tires properly inflated, although if you opt for the better spark plugs that helps too. I've got 120k on mine and it still runs like new. If you don't need the rear doors choose a used T100 over a Tundra any day.
Favorite Features
Fits in my garage, hallalujah. I get 21 intown and 25 highway. Good hauling characteristics, even when really loaded down. Very Reliable. Handles better than others, even Tundra. Even non-ABS brakes are incredible. NO RATTLES or SQUEEKS! Very nice and easy to work on.
Suggested Improvements
Seat belts have problems latching in the wrong spot when you get out. Needs a third door. Toyota should have made a rear locking differential for those who don't need 4WD, TRD does make one that costs a small fortune to have installed. Bad spot for the cupholders.