1996 Toyota T100 Consumer Review: Another Happy Customer

1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Another Happy Customer
By TJ1000 on

1996 Toyota T100 2dr Regular Cab LB

I actually drove to another state to buy this truck, and I was a little nervous about that because it had 116,000 miles on it when I bought it. All the worry was for nothing. I have a mustang with half as many miles on it as the t-100 now has Well into the 130's and the truck drives better than the mustang. The mustang has been in out of the mechanic's countless times, and the truck has been used heavily. I drive it instead. Not a single problem with it. Pretty plain, but drives great. As for the new Tundras, the t-100 actually has a wider interior I measured it. I don't know what they were thinking when they put a 4 cyl in it, but it gets me there... eventually.

I know this sounds silly, but it was a good idea to put the gas filling door on the drivers side so you don't have to walk around to fill it, and that it also locks, so people don't pour sugar in it or siphon your gas out.

My complaint is the base models are only available in std cab, and the vinyl seats are beginning to rip, which could be because of tools in my pocket etc. It can also use a clock and trip guage.