1996 Toyota T100 3.4L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Last of the true Japanese

1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Review

Last of the true Japanese trucks!
By peterD on

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Like so many here, I originally wanted to buy a Tundra but the T100 fits my needs perfectly. Tight turning radius, torsion bar suspension gives a controlled taut ride. Excellent fuel mileage with 19 city and 22 hwy. It can haul anything I need, Automatic transmission has a legendary bullet proof record, Dated interior yes, BUT its been perfected so no problems. Cupholder is interesting and most hate it. I love it, Its sturdy and can hold anything I want it to and its easy to get to. Stock speakers are excellent, Bench seat is comfy and not as high as the Tundra. Much better payload than Tundra ( 2150 pounds!) You don't find many for sale because no one wants to sell!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, durability, reliability, looks, cup holders ( yes!! look and judge them compared to others), automatic is bullet proof, very good resale but who wants to sell??

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to find without them being beaten to death. Find one thats in great condition BUY IT!