1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
T100 Rocks
By t100owner on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my T100 used from a small used dealership. What sold me is the design and Toyota name. To date, I have had no problems with it and it meets or exceeds my needs of hauling. I have gotten comments about the looks of the truck. There are no special add-ons except a bed liner and tubular step rails. I did add chrome wheel- skins recently and they look great.

Best I've ever owned
By Fred Murray on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Doesn't drive like a truck, more like a luxury car. Has gotten a steady 19.5 to 21.5 mpg on the open road since the first day I got it and thats with a full top camper. Even when loaded, handling is solid and responsive. Driven every day to work and back. Still looks like a new truck.

fairly pleased
By notimpezzed on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought it new in Oct. 96. While it has been a generally good vehichle, I have had problems with the engine. The head gasket needes to be replaced at 17,000 miles and again at 49,000. The gas milage was good at first but has steadily gotten worse and worse over the years. I now get less than 13 mpg in city driving- worse than most V-8's! The compression is low in one cylendar. Mechanic says it will cost $600+ to replace the head gasket again and potentially much more if it needs a rebuild. The engine does have 112,000 miles but what about all the 200,000, 300,000 mile stories you hear about Toyotas? Not going to happen here.

I love my truck
By dcsmith on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my T-100 with 40K and now have 120K. I have had no work done other than timing belt and water pump. My wife keeps asking when I am going to get a new vehicle, but how can I get rid of a truck that still runs like brand new after 120K? Looks like maybe another 120K and I might concider putting it out to pasture. Nah.

Most dependable vehicle I've ever owned
By TYTRK on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 2dr Regular Cab LB

110,000 miles & finally replaced a lightbulb. Very happy with the 4cyl, plenty of power to tow a small boat. Cloth upholstery has held up great. This has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Tough as nails
By Tennessee Hare on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 90,000 miles and now have 171,000. I use it both on the farm and commuting to work. It behaves equally well on the highway as it does climbing a hill. It has been extremely dependable (no surprise) but has also taken a good beating and comes out looking great. The bumber guards behind the plastic moulding below the bumper are a life saver. This is one great truck.

A Great Truck
By JBlove on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck at an auction. It had 90,000 miles at the time and has over 140,000 now with absolutely no problems. I think about getting a new one but this one runs great. I intend to put 200,000 plus miles on it...

T-100's built to last
By empex on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Our T-100 was purchased new and is now 7 years old and still runs great. Although it never caught on this truck does the job and does it well. Even though the paint has faded the truck still runs great!

T100 ...nuthin but the Truth!!
By htees on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used with 72000, currently at 114000 and on same set of tires!! Front end has been aligned ONCE in that time and tires are good for another 20000 by looks of them! Friends/nieghbors with Fords/Chevys seem to have many front end, brakes, and trans problems. Just the usual upkeep for me. I would recommend this used vehicle as an alternative to new fullsize models in a second!!

T100 4wd review
By ruger32 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new and have put 129,000 problem free miles on it. Living in Colorado I used this truck extensively off-road and it has really good ground clearance. It has all original parts with the exception of the brakes(replaced factory at 85,000 miles) and of course tires. I highly recommend this truck and indeed two of my friends bought identical models and have had the same success.