1996 Toyota T100 5 speed
By Kris on
1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
We bought this vehicle when it was a year old and had 18,000 miles on it. it now has 83,000 miles. It sure gave the Dodge Dakota a run for its money by being the only two mid-size trucks. Reliability and styling beat it hands down. Now the Tundra (full size) has taken its place. People are surprised to hear that it is a 96 with the styling and the way that it is holding up. The only thing that bugs me is that there are no headrests on the bench seat in the back and that we might have to get rid of it as our son graduates form his high back booster. Both my husband and myself had Toyota pickups when we met. Very reliable and great styling will always draw us back to Toyota trucks.
Favorite Features
Styling! Ford stole some of the styling when the changed the styling of the F-150 in the late 90's. Metric tires - I like the big meats. The clutch start/cancel switch. Everything else is pretty basic but comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
head gasket trouble, new clutch needed at 73,000 miles, bumper is rusting in the holes - even though I put chrome polish on it twice a year.