Used 1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab

Base 2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

Kudos to Toyota!
By Sharky

1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought it when it had 180000 miles, has 225000, works great. I love the long bed. All handles (doors, back door) are flimsy but if that's the worst I could say that's great. Darn good truck and would buy it again.

Favorite Features

No frills, straight up. Great blower and electrical system. Easy access engine compartment. Reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest with cupholders. Door handles.

Great Truck
By AYT100

1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

Took me 6 months to find this vehicle. Had 148,000 miles when I purchased this vehicle. Only full size truck I know that has a 4 cylinder. Good power for a 4 banger and great gas mileage. After reading some of the reviews, I am quite happy that I bought this truck.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy. Full size bed. good placement of controls and handy cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

Location of cup holders. Hard to change climate control settings with cupholders in use.

Most dependable vehicle I've ever owned
By TYTRK

1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

110,000 miles & finally replaced a lightbulb. Very happy with the 4cyl, plenty of power to tow a small boat. Cloth upholstery has held up great. This has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmission, roomy interior, & long bed.

Suggested Improvements

What could be better than 23-26 MPG?

Another Happy Customer
By TJ1000

1996 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

I actually drove to another state to buy this truck, and I was a little nervous about that because it had 116,000 miles on it when I bought it. All the worry was for nothing. I have a mustang with half as many miles on it as the t-100 now has Well into the 130's and the truck drives better than the mustang. The mustang has been in out of the mechanic's countless times, and the truck has been used heavily. I drive it instead. Not a single problem with it. Pretty plain, but drives great. As for the new Tundras, the t-100 actually has a wider interior I measured it. I don't know what they were thinking when they put a 4 cyl in it, but it gets me there... eventually.

Favorite Features

I know this sounds silly, but it was a good idea to put the gas filling door on the drivers side so you don't have to walk around to fill it, and that it also locks, so people don't pour sugar in it or siphon your gas out.

Suggested Improvements

My complaint is the base models are only available in std cab, and the vinyl seats are beginning to rip, which could be because of tools in my pocket etc. It can also use a clock and trip guage.