1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Tale of Abuse and Durability
By jb420 on 03/26/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased it having been totaled, none of the damage repaired, zero maintenance done while pulling a contracting trailer every day for several years. I straightened the frame, replaced front suspension a-arms and installed a junkyard rearend, changed all fluids, timing belt, and water pump and proceeded to use this truck to commute up and down one of the steepest roads in the Wasatch range of Utah for several years. I then towed several heavy trailers across the rockies and cascades and proceeded to use the truck to access surf spots along the washington coast for several years...frequently driving in sand/mud/ and deep snow. It has 200K on it, is uglier than your mom, and runs like a top

Amazing!
By krebbers on 12/02/11 09:06 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the most amazing truck ever, and I have driven or rode in every truck made at least the front runners. Quite frankly, there are no front runners compared to this truck. It has been across the country and back so many times I stopped counting. The only major thing, except for me crashing it, was the head gasket recall. Toyota stepped up to the plate on that one and did the right thing. The truck still looks great and with over 200K it still runs perfect! Wish I could afford to put cool rims on it.....! I will be the only owner, not to sound selfish....lol

Greatest of all Time
By longhorns209 on 10/19/11 16:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was the best truck I have ever owned. My dad bought it brand new in 1996. It was the best money could buy back then it had all the bells and whistles. We took this truck hunting and 4-wheeling and nothing could stop it. In high school I out 4-wheeled everybody and people were so irritated because they had newer trucks with lift kits and big tires and I showed them all up. This truck got me to college and back for two full years. My pickup was recently totaled in an accident and sadly the insurance won't give me what it is really worth. This was the best truck I have owned or ever will own. This truck never skipped a beat in 15 years I will never own something this good again.

300k plus!!
By cromjue on 09/20/11 05:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Can't get the thing to stop running! This truck has had very little done to it over the years (since 97' when purchased new) other than routine maintenance.....just can't say enough about how great this vehicle has been!

Best truck I have owned
By tuxt100 on 08/14/11 06:52 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a year ago and have had no problems at all. this truck is fun, stylish, and dependable. i am at 149,000 miles and the truck is still good and strong. I think this is the best truck TOYOTA has made. I gave my wife my 2008 mustang to get this truck. This will be the last truck I ever buy. I am going to drive it till it falls apart.

Sat for years.....
By toyolawyer on 03/31/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Recently got my 1996 T100 SR5 back on the road again after sitting in the driveway for 6 years. I couldn't bring myself to sell it. Fought my wife to keep it. Glad I did. I had to replace the starter and battery, to get it running again but mechanically it runs great. Forgot how much I liked this truck. I drove an element for a while, but gave it away to a family member and decided to drive my truck again. Its got 160K miles on it, but runs like new. I was surprised/relieved that the AC works great still.

Great Truck
By Bailey on 01/18/10 14:49 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new 6/20/96. I had owned several fords & chevys, heard a lot of good talk about toyotas so I bought the T100. It has been the best truck I have ever had. At about 15000 miles had head gasket recall, after that just normal maintenance, timing belt, and one set of front disc brake pads. Paint has held up great for being parked outside in Alabamas hot climate.Total mileage on this date is 69,528...

Whata Bang 4 da Buck!
By cubanrummy on 10/04/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

After careful researching, getting carfax(s), reading the forums, & looking at several T100's, I found this nicely cared-for gem w/126K miles w/the V-6 head gasket recall work done by a Toyota dealer with the previous owner. This truck drives like a car with a very tight turning radius. Front cloth seats are quite comfy even without lumbar support, all interior materials are excellent quality, plus the HVAC system works really well. All T100's were built in Japan by Toyota subsidiary Hino (they make BIG trucks & buses) & they were over-engineered to be rugged & tough...this vehicle was way under-rated & under-sold in the 90's...a real sleeper; I recommend it highly, & glad I got one.

Great truck the T100
By Liz on 07/09/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My husband and I purchased our truck brand new in June of 1996. We pull a 20ft ski boat and a 2 horse trailer with it and have never been disappointed. We are very glad we got the 4WD which has been great in snow. It has never let us down in 13 yrs. To be honest, I like my truck better than the new Tundras, both in appearance and driveability.

Had great luck
By dave on 05/25/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Replaced radiator, starter, alt, ujoint, timing belt. Have 210000 on her and she's still running great...

1 2 3 4 5 next »