1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Great Truck
By Bailey on 01/18/10 14:49 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new 6/20/96. I had owned several fords & chevys, heard a lot of good talk about toyotas so I bought the T100. It has been the best truck I have ever had. At about 15000 miles had head gasket recall, after that just normal maintenance, timing belt, and one set of front disc brake pads. Paint has held up great for being parked outside in Alabamas hot climate.Total mileage on this date is 69,528...

Whata Bang 4 da Buck!
By cubanrummy on 10/04/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

After careful researching, getting carfax(s), reading the forums, & looking at several T100's, I found this nicely cared-for gem w/126K miles w/the V-6 head gasket recall work done by a Toyota dealer with the previous owner. This truck drives like a car with a very tight turning radius. Front cloth seats are quite comfy even without lumbar support, all interior materials are excellent quality, plus the HVAC system works really well. All T100's were built in Japan by Toyota subsidiary Hino (they make BIG trucks & buses) & they were over-engineered to be rugged & tough...this vehicle was way under-rated & under-sold in the 90's...a real sleeper; I recommend it highly, & glad I got one.

Great Truck
By 225,00 & Still Going on 12/30/08 21:15 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck from an individual in '97 with only 18K miles on it. My truck now has 225,000 plus and still going. My only regret was I wished it was an automatic. I'm tired of shifting after 11 years. Toyota should have never stopped making this truck. It is perfect. If you take care of it the truck will take care of you. I would buy this model again if it was still on the market. Maybe Toyota will bring it back!

T100 gets a One-Hundred Score!
By Ed on 12/02/07 00:24 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is amazing. Bought it a couple of years used in 1998 with 27,000 miles on it. It now has 227,000 miles and still going great. Just regular maintenance, oil changes, timing belt replacements, etc., keep it running well. Only repairs have been: head gasket replacement (a Toyota recall item right after I bought it), replaced shocks about 1 year ago, repl. front rotors about 2 months ago, repl. radiator and 3 hoses about 2 years ago, repl. front O2 sensor, repl. door straps, repl. driver side door handle about 1 month ago. It pulls my 19' boat with 150HP outboard motor on a single axle trailer with no problem (used to tow 22 footer!).

T100
By Ted on 12/31/06 06:14 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it new in 1996. Best truck I've ever owned. Never left me stranded. Sporty for a truck. Good acceleration for a 6. I've pulled a 19' fiberglass boat all over Fla in the summer heat and the tranny stills shifts like new. Can't beat Toyota.

T100
By Paul on 07/24/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and it is still going strong. Both of my sons have used it in college and one is still using this truck in college. It is a very tough truck as it has been used off-road from time to time. The engine & transmission is top notch for durablity & reliability. I look forward to many more years of use.

Great Truck
By Adam on 03/17/06 16:20 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

The truck is all original with 172k miles on the 3.4l v6 .... never needs anything but routine maintnence... the timing belt has only been replaced once. Fits a atv in the back with the tailgate up. Plenty of power. Accelerates faster then a lot of cars...even with an atv in the back. Has never had anything it couldn't handle.

T-100's built to last
By empex on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Our T-100 was purchased new and is now 7 years old and still runs great. Although it never caught on this truck does the job and does it well. Even though the paint has faded the truck still runs great!