1996 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Amazing!
By krebbers on 12/02/11 09:06 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the most amazing truck ever, and I have driven or rode in every truck made at least the front runners. Quite frankly, there are no front runners compared to this truck. It has been across the country and back so many times I stopped counting. The only major thing, except for me crashing it, was the head gasket recall. Toyota stepped up to the plate on that one and did the right thing. The truck still looks great and with over 200K it still runs perfect! Wish I could afford to put cool rims on it.....! I will be the only owner, not to sound selfish....lol

300k plus!!
By cromjue on 09/20/11 05:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Can't get the thing to stop running! This truck has had very little done to it over the years (since 97' when purchased new) other than routine maintenance.....just can't say enough about how great this vehicle has been!

Sat for years.....
By toyolawyer on 03/31/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Recently got my 1996 T100 SR5 back on the road again after sitting in the driveway for 6 years. I couldn't bring myself to sell it. Fought my wife to keep it. Glad I did. I had to replace the starter and battery, to get it running again but mechanically it runs great. Forgot how much I liked this truck. I drove an element for a while, but gave it away to a family member and decided to drive my truck again. Its got 160K miles on it, but runs like new. I was surprised/relieved that the AC works great still.

What happened ?
By hthomas on 02/20/07 19:20 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought with 70000 miles in '99, enjoyed every minute of ownership until the end. Changed oil religiously, timing belt changed at 65,000 & 120,000, performed regular Ttrans & coolant services, basically followed owner's manual. What more could I do, right? What I'm getting to is head gasket failure that led to cylinders 3 & 6 getting "burnt" (mechanics term) at 158000 miles. Quite disappointed I am in the Toyota product. If I follow recommended maintenance shouldn't I get at least 200000 miles out of a Toyota product? Quite irritating to take such good care of a vehicle, internally & externally, and have it cough up an engine this soon. Thanks Toyota.....

Last of the true Japanese trucks!
By peterD on 02/03/07 23:40 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Like so many here, I originally wanted to buy a Tundra but the T100 fits my needs perfectly. Tight turning radius, torsion bar suspension gives a controlled taut ride. Excellent fuel mileage with 19 city and 22 hwy. It can haul anything I need, Automatic transmission has a legendary bullet proof record, Dated interior yes, BUT its been perfected so no problems. Cupholder is interesting and most hate it. I love it, Its sturdy and can hold anything I want it to and its easy to get to. Stock speakers are excellent, Bench seat is comfy and not as high as the Tundra. Much better payload than Tundra ( 2150 pounds!) You don't find many for sale because no one wants to sell!

Great Truck
By Joshe on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

As usual, Toyota makes only the best. I've been driving Toyotas for 30 years and do not have a single complain. My T100 is great with a powerfull V6 engine and fuel efficient for the engine.

1996 Toyota T-100 long mileage P/u
By rahangman on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

cup holders sort cause problems using heat/cold levers, seat belts slackening get caught in door, sunvisors are poor quality,size, throttle linkage is tight causing jack rabbit starts, BUT overall I am thrilled with this trucks performance,style, quality of ride. YEP I like it a lot.

Best I've ever owned
By Fred Murray on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Doesn't drive like a truck, more like a luxury car. Has gotten a steady 19.5 to 21.5 mpg on the open road since the first day I got it and thats with a full top camper. Even when loaded, handling is solid and responsive. Driven every day to work and back. Still looks like a new truck.

A Great Truck
By JBlove on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck at an auction. It had 90,000 miles at the time and has over 140,000 now with absolutely no problems. I think about getting a new one but this one runs great. I intend to put 200,000 plus miles on it...

T100 ...nuthin but the Truth!!
By htees on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used with 72000, currently at 114000 and on same set of tires!! Front end has been aligned ONCE in that time and tires are good for another 20000 by looks of them! Friends/nieghbors with Fords/Chevys seem to have many front end, brakes, and trans problems. Just the usual upkeep for me. I would recommend this used vehicle as an alternative to new fullsize models in a second!!