Used 1996 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Tale of Abuse and Durability
By jb420

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased it having been totaled, none of the damage repaired, zero maintenance done while pulling a contracting trailer every day for several years. I straightened the frame, replaced front suspension a-arms and installed a junkyard rearend, changed all fluids, timing belt, and water pump and proceeded to use this truck to commute up and down one of the steepest roads in the Wasatch range of Utah for several years. I then towed several heavy trailers across the rockies and cascades and proceeded to use the truck to access surf spots along the washington coast for several years...frequently driving in sand/mud/ and deep snow. It has 200K on it, is uglier than your mom, and runs like a top

Favorite Features

Mechanical durability and longevity under long-term severe service.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to get better than 18 mpg from a somewhat gutless 6 cylinder. Poor automatic transmission cooling for severe service applications.

Amazing!
By krebbers

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the most amazing truck ever, and I have driven or rode in every truck made at least the front runners. Quite frankly, there are no front runners compared to this truck. It has been across the country and back so many times I stopped counting. The only major thing, except for me crashing it, was the head gasket recall. Toyota stepped up to the plate on that one and did the right thing. The truck still looks great and with over 200K it still runs perfect! Wish I could afford to put cool rims on it.....! I will be the only owner, not to sound selfish....lol

Greatest of all Time
By longhorns209

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was the best truck I have ever owned. My dad bought it brand new in 1996. It was the best money could buy back then it had all the bells and whistles. We took this truck hunting and 4-wheeling and nothing could stop it. In high school I out 4-wheeled everybody and people were so irritated because they had newer trucks with lift kits and big tires and I showed them all up. This truck got me to college and back for two full years. My pickup was recently totaled in an accident and sadly the insurance won't give me what it is really worth. This was the best truck I have owned or ever will own. This truck never skipped a beat in 15 years I will never own something this good again.

300k plus!!
By cromjue

1996 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Can't get the thing to stop running! This truck has had very little done to it over the years (since 97' when purchased new) other than routine maintenance.....just can't say enough about how great this vehicle has been!

Favorite Features

long lasting great running.......truck.....

Suggested Improvements

wishes Toyota still made their trucks as well as this one!

Best truck I have owned
By tuxt100

1996 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a year ago and have had no problems at all. this truck is fun, stylish, and dependable. i am at 149,000 miles and the truck is still good and strong. I think this is the best truck TOYOTA has made. I gave my wife my 2008 mustang to get this truck. This will be the last truck I ever buy. I am going to drive it till it falls apart.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none