1995 Toyota T100 Consumer Review: Most good, some bad

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Most good, some bad
By Mark on

1995 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

While performing a brake job, discovered slack adjuster never moved. Shoes never made contact with drum at 29,000 miles. Toyota stated they could do nothing. Tightened up the adjuster manually and burned up my rear brakes. They collapsed due to heat build up; rear drums. I would like to change the rear end from a tundra. You need to be good at fabrication though. Other than the rear brakes not working, it is a great truck. Starting to trick it out with a lift kit, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, wheels, tires and roll bar with lights. Had some people who race them come to me with purchase offers; I declined. 118,000 now. Other than the thirst for petrol, I love my truck!!!

Lots of power to weight. Poured racing gasoline 112 octane into it. Ran kind of hot though. I wish they didn't stop making them. The tundra is a piece of junk compared to the T-100. All they needed to do was change the drums to disc, put larger tires on and increase power.

Drums to discs. More power. Better full travel steering stop near the wheel (need to manually apply lithium grease to stop metal to metal scraping sound when making tight turns.