Used 1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

T100
By Wallrat

1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab LB

My T100 has the 3.4 liter engine. I regularly get 20 mpg, even loaded. The only fault with it is that I had to install an aftermarket tranny cooler as the oil overheated towing in the mountains. That solved 99% of my towing problem. Great truck otherwise. I have 225k miles on it, burns no oil, runs well.

Best truck I've ever owned
By wolphcry

1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This has been by far the best truck i've ever owned. I've had a few dodges and fords from the same time frame or newer and there is no comparison

quality

Great truck
By Ben Ridgway

1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I had a '95 T100 and it was a great truck! I owned it between 106,000 miles and 186,000. Now my brother drives it. I averaged 20 mpg in a full size 4x4. No major issues. Always started. Only issue I had was gas tank rusted away, but I replaced with a used one and it's still going. No complaints here.

Gas mileage in full size 4x4 and plenty of power as well. My new Tacoma with 4 cylinder gets same mileage but is tiny in comparison and has much less power.

None, solid reliable truck!

Best truck ever made
By joseph corbo

1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new have put 568,000 miles on it so far. Replaced clutch 3 times, timing belt 3 times and water pump 2 times, they were still good just replaced both at same time saved on labor, alt at 444,000. Radiator at 535,000 front end is still all orig. and still tight! Never had a alignment and still get 50,000 out of tires starter still orig. Not rusting at all. Just a great truck, none better in the world!! Thanks Toyota!!!

mountain trail ride
By oldrag

1995 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

1996, the day bought my 1995 Toyota t- 100. Since then she has become one of the best trucks I have ever owned. Every time I go to the BLUERIDGE MOUNTAINS she is right there beside me like a faithfull dog. This 2wd truck is very capable on the trails. My truck has never left me stranded, whether I am fording the north fork of the tye river or scrambling up 45 degree trails on the crabtree falls fire road she never complains. I own a 2002 F-350 4x4 4 door and I truely believe that my toyota is a true competitor. Alot of people think that the T-100 is a second rate truck but i have shown that it is alot more capable than alot of 4x4 trucks

I dont have a favorite feature, the whole truck is superb. But, if I had to narrow it down, it would be the reliability of the drive train. A true truck through and through.

since this is a 1995 truck any factory improvements would be crazy. As an owner I would say switch the gear ratio to a 4.11 or 3.92