Used 1995 Toyota T100 SR5 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Best Truck you will Ever Own
By Bruce

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck to tow my new pop-up camper. Sold the pop-up and bought 30' conventional tow-behind tandem wheel travel trailer. Gross weight 5500 lbs. I added a tranny cooler and mounted it at an angle to the engine cover beneath the engine. This truck pulls that trailer with no problems up the long, steep, grade outside Rolla, MO with the A/C on and I stayed out of the throttle so it would not gear down. I topped the hill at 50 mph and continued on. I could have hit the gas and increased speed but "why" ??? This truck is fantastic! I have never had to replace anything on it, ever. Original brakes and stops on a dime. Best turn radius I have ever seen! I can turn way tighter than Kia!

Turn radius can't be beat by most cars, let alone any truck. Pulling power for towing is very acceptable. 2WD pulls more than 4WD since 4WD has all of the transfer case weight to deal with. Starts every time. Never any servicing of engine ever! I change oil and air filter. Great truck!

Cup holder location is not good. Seat belt retractor has always been weak.

my t-100
By john grant

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

So far this truck has met my standards. Very reliable, past all smog checks. Execpt seems to dent very easy. Could use more power, but not bad.

reliability,,and all extras on truck are still working great.

none

I still like it....
By Fred

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

After all these years, it's still fun to drive, gets good gas mileage (5- speed, 2WD) and is just the right size. Cost of ownership is low and reliability high. My SR5 came loaded. The 3.4L V6 is torquey and agressive off the line. I've already logged 25MPG on a long haul. I find that Plus- grade fuel works best with this engine. Feels solid.

Overall good design, just the right size.

Torsion bar front suspension is kinda crude, taking bumps rather hard. Original front shocks were poor but solved this with good Bilstein shocks.

• SUV