1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
T-100 DX w/auto trans
By mikon on 06/02/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ultra reliable, good mileage (steady at 21.4 on road trips), snappy acceleration... Best truck I've owned until I bought a 2000 Tundra SR5, then a 2006 4-door Limited Edition Tundra. The T-100 is still an awesome workhorse truck that never falters. I have changed only the oil, oil and air filters, battery, and tires. My neighbors with F-150s and silverado 1500s don't even come close to the either the T-100 or the Tundras.

95 TOYO T100
By tom on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my TOYO 8 years now. It has 357,000 miles on it/ I have replaced the radiator, water pump, heater valve, shocks and a lower ball joint in all this time, most dependable mid sized truck ever built hands down! I train Strongman and had had literally a ton in the bed at a time and hauled a trailer and 3 atvs for 4 hrs to the mountains

Way better than a Timex
By Mark Allen on 02/01/10 13:37 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

How could I have ever know that when I drove off of the dealership lot 15 years ago that I would still be driving my T100 on a 120 mile daily round trip commute in 2010. Originally purchased to pull a boat and haul camping gear. 411,000 plus miles later, I would say that I got a great return on my investment. The only work performed on this truck besides normal maintenance happened after a deer hit the front end. So both headlight assemblies, radiator, and fan were replaced. That was 159,000 miles ago. Still on the original alternator, Water pump, PS pump and even transmission fluid! Has taken it's share of licks but never has stopped ticking.

Ole faithful
By Ole faithful on 01/18/09 13:07 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I owned my T100 for about 5 years and it was the best truck I've ever had, it had 200,000 miles on it when I traded it on my 2005 tundra. The T100 didn't show its age nor did it run like it had 200,000. It pulled everything I ever hooked up to it with no problems, would pull off 20 mpg on the bypass, was comfortable, the most reliable truck I've ever owned. It was like the little engine the could, that 3.4L just didn't know when to quit. I miss my T100 and want another one.

Most good, some bad
By Mark on 08/29/08 20:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

While performing a brake job, discovered slack adjuster never moved. Shoes never made contact with drum at 29,000 miles. Toyota stated they could do nothing. Tightened up the adjuster manually and burned up my rear brakes. They collapsed due to heat build up; rear drums. I would like to change the rear end from a tundra. You need to be good at fabrication though. Other than the rear brakes not working, it is a great truck. Starting to trick it out with a lift kit, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, wheels, tires and roll bar with lights. Had some people who race them come to me with purchase offers; I declined. 118,000 now. Other than the thirst for petrol, I love my truck!!!

Best Truck you will Ever Own
By Bruce on 08/05/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck to tow my new pop-up camper. Sold the pop-up and bought 30' conventional tow-behind tandem wheel travel trailer. Gross weight 5500 lbs. I added a tranny cooler and mounted it at an angle to the engine cover beneath the engine. This truck pulls that trailer with no problems up the long, steep, grade outside Rolla, MO with the A/C on and I stayed out of the throttle so it would not gear down. I topped the hill at 50 mph and continued on. I could have hit the gas and increased speed but "why" ??? This truck is fantastic! I have never had to replace anything on it, ever. Original brakes and stops on a dime. Best turn radius I have ever seen! I can turn way tighter than Kia!

1995 toyota T-100
By kcolt4 on 08/02/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 2001 from a guy in Costa Mesa, Ca. I traveled 2 hrs to look at this truck. It had 80,000 miles on it, but I figured, its a Toyota, thats nothing. So here it is 7 yrs later, the truck now has 185,000 miles on it and is still going strong. The only part that I had to replace was a starter. And it even has an automatic transmission. For a truck it gets pretty good mileage, my commute to work is a combination of highway and city driving and when I did the math, I was averaging 18 miles per gallon, thats without babying the truck.

Great Truck!
By Mlew30 on 06/02/08 03:45 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have used this truck for so much it is hard to list. I have hauled huge loads of wood, water tanks, feed etc. It has towed a lot over the mountains of WV without a hiccup. This truck has been a monster. I do not drive it much now due to having a Yaris with great mileage. However, I will keep this truck until it falls apart because it works hard. I use it mainly now for running to get lumber or when the weather it bad. Great truck.

Great truck!! All time favorite!!
By Deerhntr on 11/04/07 18:43 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have over 250000 and have had to do very little maintenance to the truck so far. Regular maintenance plus a starter, idler arm, front axle halves, and a clutch pedal bracket. Thats it!! Great all around truck that tows, hauls and 4 wheels fine for the average Joe. A tundra is next if this truck ever quits running.

An Old Warrior
By Bill on 03/22/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It has never had a problem. Routine items like timing belt, new tires, serviced according to recommendations, is all that has been done. Recalled for head gaskets, but this one had the right cement. I could not have purchased a better vehicle for my use. Loves the desert and the snow equally. Never lets you down. Always starts and goes. I can depend on it. I have one born in 2003 and it is amazing. I'm getting another soon. I'll name it Crew Max.