Used 1994 Toyota T100 DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Excellent vehicle
By Joe Oliver

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

Excellent 6 cylander engine. I have 283000 miles on it and it sounds and drives just like it did when I bought it

Favorite Features

THE ENGINE. FABULOUS GREAT ENGINE 18 TO 19 MILES TO A GALLON.

Suggested Improvements

INTERIOR DESIGN. IT IS A PLAIN STANDARD DESIGN. NOTHING STANDS OUT.

Great truck, but under powered
By carley

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought this truck new. Put 89000 miles on it. It is a great truck for light hauling. It will not carry a heavy load like a Chevy or Ford because it will bottom out on the rear springs. The reason: only 3 leaf springs on the rear. Chevy has 4 on their 1/2 Ton, plus the small 3.0 L V-6 has only 145 HP and not much torque. Gas mileage beats them though. I get 17 mpg in town and 22 highway. The engine and transmission are absolutely as smooth as silk. You have got to love Toyota Corp. too. They had bad head gaskets on all the V-6's in that year and although the truck was out of warranty and causing no problems they replaced them free! A $1500 cost avoided.

Great pickup
By Deryk

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

I was given this truck a little over a year ago when I turned 16. I was very pleased with its performance. It came with a bedliner in it already, which I keep in there because the regular bed is very scratched up. There is something that rattles in it and I can't figure out what it is. Thats about the only flaw I can tell you of. It hasn't broken down at all since it was bought over a year ago. It's a great truck for the money if you don't want anything too fancy. It gets the job done and thats all that matters.

Favorite Features

The interior is very spacious and comfortable. It also has alot of "get up and go".

Suggested Improvements

If someone would fix the rattling and maybe have it ride a little better. It takes bumps like a beast.