1994 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:
Runs Like a Champ
By Austin on 07/22/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've had it for 5 years now and I've just had to do a couple of minor things on it. after 15 years and 110,000 miles the engine fires up with out any hesitation.

Excellent vehicle
By Joe Oliver on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

Excellent 6 cylander engine. I have 283000 miles on it and it sounds and drives just like it did when I bought it

Handed down
By osbornk on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I just bought the truck from my son-in- law after I tried it out 5 years ago at 72,000 miles. It now has 173,000 on it and runs better than my 2001 Escape. The only problem was the head gasket at 154,000. The garage called the dealer for the head gaskets and they advised them that they were recalled and to bring it in for repair. I'm amazed that they volunteered the repair at that many miles. 19+ MPG with 4 wheel drive and V-6 is hard to beat anywhere. Hope it goes another 173,000 miles.

Great truck, but under powered
By carley on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought this truck new. Put 89000 miles on it. It is a great truck for light hauling. It will not carry a heavy load like a Chevy or Ford because it will bottom out on the rear springs. The reason: only 3 leaf springs on the rear. Chevy has 4 on their 1/2 Ton, plus the small 3.0 L V-6 has only 145 HP and not much torque. Gas mileage beats them though. I get 17 mpg in town and 22 highway. The engine and transmission are absolutely as smooth as silk. You have got to love Toyota Corp. too. They had bad head gaskets on all the V-6's in that year and although the truck was out of warranty and causing no problems they replaced them free! A $1500 cost avoided.

Tough Truck
By rick4us2 on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

I had a full size caddy cut me off. I walked away with nothing. 5400.00 later I was back on the road. Truck handled it well, some front end damage but that was about it. Cost for Toyota orginal parts a little high.

Great pickup
By Deryk on 03/16/02 22:26 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Regular Cab LB

I was given this truck a little over a year ago when I turned 16. I was very pleased with its performance. It came with a bedliner in it already, which I keep in there because the regular bed is very scratched up. There is something that rattles in it and I can't figure out what it is. Thats about the only flaw I can tell you of. It hasn't broken down at all since it was bought over a year ago. It's a great truck for the money if you don't want anything too fancy. It gets the job done and thats all that matters.