Used 1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota T100 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

200k miles and still going!
By Jav

1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the best truck I've owned. I owned two GMC's before this and they fell apart by 80k miles. I bought this truck used in '95 w/14k miles on it - just turned 200k miles on this truck and the only thing that I've had to replace is the A/C compressor - it gave out after 8 years. I did take it in at 80k miles for the head gasket recall and a new timing belt and water pump - just put a second timing belt and water pump at 200k miles. I drive it hard 80+ mph and it still idles like new. Radio gave out after 8 yrs - all other electronics, pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors, still work!

Favorite Features

It is the perfect size for me - interior is very roomy - same size as the Tundra - midsize body just right for city maneuvering.

Suggested Improvements

Dents easily - tougher body sheet metal and bumpers. I wish they still made this truck - I'm looking for a '98 T-100 to replace this one. Not sold on the Tundra yet.

One good truck
By CM

1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is great, after replacing the rear springs I frequently haul over 2000 lbs and never any problems. This truck is always up to a challenge, I've pulled countless stumps.

Suggested Improvements

wish they still made it, also wish it was a 4x4

One good truck
By cm

1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

Suggested Improvements

wish they still made it, also wish it was a 4x4

solid truck
By jig

1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab SR5 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Has been a wonderful truck. 4wd feature works w/o any problems. 130,000 mi burns no oil, not a drop. This truck is not fast nor is it a comfortable ride, but it pulls my 17' bass boat anywhere I need it to, takes the abuse of adult off-road use. Handles well and it has good ground clearance with the 31" tires. Will buy another Toyota when the time comes.

Favorite Features

Shift on the fly 4wd. Gets through the snow drifts and out of slippery boat landings without any difficulties. The suspension is very stiff and seems to take abuse well.

Suggested Improvements

A larger engine would have been nice, though it is certainly not necessary. The 5 spd. tranny is an adequate match for the V-6 giving it muscle to tow and I can't complain about 20+M.P.G.

Tough as nails.
By Denton

1993 Toyota T100 Regular Cab 1 Ton 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck a hear-and-a-half ago from a company that used the truck to regularly carry around 1,000 lbs of nuts and bolts. I have put 25k mi on it since then without a problem. The a/c has always been very cold, and the truck runs like a champ. I once carried 2,200 lbs of gravel at 75 mph on the interstate. I can fit 4x8 sheets of drywall (BETWEEN the wheel-wells) and shut the tailgate (8' bed). The T100 is the toughest, truck I have ever driven. I rag it out repeatedly, and it just won't die. I am selling it now, only because I found a sweet deal on a '98 T100 with low miles.

Favorite Features

8'long bed with 4'-2" BETWEEN the wheel- wells, STRONG V6, unbelievable reliability, cold a/c.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish they still made this truck.