Used 1997 Toyota Supra Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Supra - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe

View reviews for a specific Supra model:

A classic worth keeping for one's lifetime
By nyindallas

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

From the second generation from the mid-80's the supra has been my dream car. I found this in 02 with about 22000 K on it. I was looking for a manual, but this was the cleanest Supra I could find. Not a scratch. In the last seven years it has been perfect. It never fails to please. Other than 1 02 sensor, I have not had a single problem. It has ample power w/o the turbo and it s amazing how well it hugs the road.

Favorite Features

Comfort (I am 6'2"), ample power, reliable, bites the road.

Suggested Improvements

Some insulation would be nice. The targa is noisy.

Toyota Supra Non Turbo Super White L.E.
By ss5153

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this car just recently, and I already received tons of compliments from strangers in the gas station. NICE CAR! IS IT A GT? WOW, LOOKS LIKE A FERRARI, SUPRA? WHAT IS THE MAKE OF IT? HA HA HA, FEELS GREAT TO KNOW THAT I OWN A PART OF THE BEST SPORTS CAR IN HISTORY.

Favorite Features

Smoke BMW 330i, S2000, Prelude, Integras, RSX, Modified Accords, anything that have about 220 horses... this N/A Supra can smoke it all! Easily get upto 320 HP on a Single Turbo add on for less than $5000. 0-60 6.6 secs on N/A.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, the styling of this car can still bet out a lot of new car design. For example, the New 350 Z is ugly.

Great performance and quality.
By Supra

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my 97 Supra for 2 years, and it has been the best sports car i've owned. It has never been in the shop for any repairs despite being my daily driving car. It attracts attention wherever I go and has plenty of speed.

Favorite Features

Great looks, reliability, the cockpit is a geared for the driver, all options are standard

Suggested Improvements

The targa top will leak when using a high pressure wash. The stereo system needs to be a litte better.

I Still Love My Supra
By lexiconby

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought it new with 6 on the odometer and it currently has 111,000. There are no sports cars with this many miles, that's never been in the shop that can still go 130mph (10 off its max). I have original EVERYTHING on this car and all I ever did was oil changes, tune-ups and swapping out all fluids, (it's due for a new timing belt though). I drove it pretty hard.

Favorite Features

Sport Roof It looks really Sexy! The women really like it and they let me know!

Suggested Improvements

This car needs at least 1 cup holder, for ME!