1997 Toyota Supra Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Supra model:
Best Affordable Supercar Ever Built
By rx8adp@hotmail.com on 04/17/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

Well at last earlier this year after many years of saving I finally own my Dream-Car. It is a 1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Jewel Green with Gold Package very rare and I bought it with only 64K original mileage. All I can say is this car has such amazing build quality and is so quiet and solid that sometime I forget that this car is 13 years old it is that well built. Also what makes this car so timeless is its amazing shape I get compliments all the time and people always ask me when did this car come out I have not seem it in the Showroom floor and when I tell them that its a classic Toyota they never believe me. Overall they are amazing to own and a very very special car to have.

A classic worth keeping for one's lifetime
By nyindallas on 08/06/09 22:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

From the second generation from the mid-80's the supra has been my dream car. I found this in 02 with about 22000 K on it. I was looking for a manual, but this was the cleanest Supra I could find. Not a scratch. In the last seven years it has been perfect. It never fails to please. Other than 1 02 sensor, I have not had a single problem. It has ample power w/o the turbo and it s amazing how well it hugs the road.

Adam's Supra review
By Notorious 2JZ on 11/27/07 11:37 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd car after owning all Acuras. I can say that I am proudly a Toyota (eventually Lexus hybrid) owner for life! Take it to the track and take your girl out to dinner in the same night. Turns heads everywhere, and the sky is the limit when it comes to engine tuning. Literally, everything in this car can be upgraded. The car was built way ahead of it's time. I have a hard time believing that it's a 97 and not an 07. It makes a great circuit or drag racing car. Or you could just let it sit in the garage and watch it go up in value! There's a very large Supra enthusiast community like the Mustang or Camaro. This car has been extremely reliable for me even after adding HP!

Supra King of Sports Cars
By SuperJay on 05/03/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is by far one of the greatest Sports cars I have ever owned. With few mods it its fast and highly desired.

Best Japanese Sports Car Period!
By Rick Lam on 11/29/05 23:48 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

Have my '97 15th Anniversary Edition Turbo since June of 97 and love every mile. Very reliable no issues so far other than normal wear and tear. Tan leather seats stain easily. Cruising road and wind noise rather high. Bumpy ride with my 18s you feel every little ripple on the road but the car handles like it was a part of you. Awesome brakes and cornering ability.

perfect
By Nicole on 07/07/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is the best sports car on Earth! With just a few bolt-on mods, the car flies. Reliable, flawless body- styling, it wins in every category.

excellent car!
By briancho80 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I feel that this is the best sports car ever made. The most important features to me in a car is RELIABILITY, performance, comfort. Never had any problems with this car, aside from normal wear and tear. It's extremely reliable. In addition, it's very comfortable and performs better than most new cars on the road today. To think, this car was first made over 10 years ago. Edmunds pricing is incorrect (too low) - at those prices, I would purchase two. Although it carries a premium, one drive and you will see why. A lot of people upgrade the performance on these cars, but I like the way it performs from the factory - why mess with perfection?

GREAT CAR!!!
By Lightsout on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

One of the best imports in the usa today, but Toyota dosn't make them any more when they could make lots of money because teenagers love imports to modifie and the Supra is one of them. I think Toyota should bring back the Supra and make it at least $15,000 so teenagers can afford it.

sexy
By suprasik on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is very sexy with the HKS BPU kit of 1200 HP

Best bang for the buck sports car.
By Satisfiedsupraowner on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is bar none the best bang for the buck sports car available in the US.