Used 1993 Toyota Supra Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Supra - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe

View reviews for a specific Supra model:

Priceless Gem
By kingarthur

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Supra when it was 5 Years old. It is now 17 years old and I love it just as much today and I did on the day I drove it home. My car is slightly past BPU, but the key to increasing HP, is to also increase the things affected by the increase. (Brakes, Suspension, Fuel delivery, air intake). I only mention this to say in 1993.5, this car was world renowned for its performance. As a stock auto, it ruled! I have had many sports cars over the past 17 years, and none compares to the satisfaction I get when I drive my Supra.That includes my stock 500 BHP Exotic. I hope Toyota never brings out another model with the Supra name, let's celebrate their rule as "King of the road.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love everything about this car. Ease of performance increases/Timeless body/Ahead of its time-performance and ingenuity.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that someone truly captures the essence of this automobile and create a standard (Street Value$$) for "Hard-to-Find" cars like this that are tried and true and proven to be reliable and worthy. We have street values for antique autos, why not cars that are equally worthy like the SUPRA!

93 Toyota Supra Review
By Jay

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is by far one of the most entertaining cars I have owned. From the minute you sit in the drivers seat and everything just fits perfectly. The dash was clearly made for the drivers ease at mind. The exterior design was the pinnacle of its time and to this day makes it one of the most sought after sports cars. On the performance note, the car handles exceptionally well. The power that the N/A makes is plenty enough to get you around the mountains and the Turbo model is simply, fun. For the tuners out there, there are few better platforms. After all, how often to many platforms put out 800+ horsepower on stock internals? I will be buying another one soon!

Favorite Features

Honestly, my favorite feature is the drivers seat. I love how the dash faces the driver in all areas to include the clock and cd player. This is a feature that you truly do not see in many cars today.

Suggested Improvements

Quite honestly, not much can be done to improve this platform. The only real downer would be the gas mileage, but in order to have some fun, ya gotta pay! It would not be worth the risk of changing the 2JZGTE block to try and improve the gas mileage.

I'm going to be BURIED in this car!
By azhrei_fje

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

Paid $42k for the new car in 1993. Have added exhaust, racing springs, after-market wheels, boost controller/gauge, turbo timer. The suspension is now too stiff for my wife, who prefers we take her car everywhere. I had the car painted '94 Admiral Blue (Chevy color) with a Shelby-style silver stripe down the center. I am approached at least a few times a week by admirers. In 2002, I was offered $20k for the car, and at that time it had a few dings in it, but we had been winning autocrosses in Florida every year (always finished in the top 3 in the Central Florida Region of the SCCA).

Favorite Features

Sequential twin turbos. New designs might provide faster spool-up, but I'm not spending the money. So my twin-turbo system is stock except for running ~18 psi of boost instead of 11.6 from the factory. That's good for 420+hp at the rear wheel. :)

Suggested Improvements

Toyota never acknowledged the hatch rattle, but fixes exist at www.mkiv.com and elsewhere. Spare is a donut, with no room for a full-size tire. In-dash CD player is single-disk only (easily fixed). Dash should've included stock boost gauge.

the rave
By jazzyjeff

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is the funnest car I've ever driven. Simply beyond words!

Love my Supra Turbo!
By Supra Lover

1993 Toyota Supra Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

SUCH a fun car to drive! Great performance, handling, and requires very little maintenance. It's hard to believe it's 11 years old. People admire it wherever I go.

Favorite Features

Its sleekness and beauty. The sound of the engine when accelerating - we call it the Red Rocket!

Suggested Improvements

I wish it came with cup holders.