1990 Toyota Supra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Supra model:
1990 Base Automatic
By strungout on 01/07/11 06:19 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

One of the nicest cars I've owned, rivaling my Lexus LS 430 in many areas and exceeding it in performance, fun-to-drive, and styling. No problems in 21 years and still looks and drives like new. It has been called the best car Toyota ever made. I recall some car mag saying something like "if you want performance and comfort, buy the Supra, otherwise the Porsche 928 will do." The car has gotten as high as 28/20 highway/city and averages 24/19. A head-turner still, it will carry 2 bicycles and camping gear for a 3-week trip. Is anyone looking for an 18,000-mile LS 430?

gasket
By neretvanac on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

I just got this car a couple of weeks ago. I've driven supra's before and have nothing but good words for it. The interior features are great, love the targa top, and just overall a fun ride. However, the headgasket on mine just blew, and when I went to fix it, we found a cracked cylinder head. I hope this doesn't cost too much cause I really like my car, and wouldn't want to be turned off by the repair costs.

Head Gasket
By JohnnyQuest on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

I've had to replace the head gasket TWICE in 4 years! This has caused me to replace the clogged catalytic converter and the exhaust, muffler, etc. Toyota should be sued over the faulty engine design of it's 3 liter engines!

dreamcar
By mich on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

fantastic coupe, plenty fast w/ natural aspiration, blast to drive, yet comfy for a long road trip. reliable? you bet. 26 mpg hwy ok for the power provided. 5sp manual revs a bit high on long freeway drives (well over 3500 rpm at 80 mph).

great car
By catdog on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

great car with great options and cool ajustable air shocks