Used 1990 Toyota Supra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Supra - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Supra

View reviews for a specific Supra model:

1990 Base Automatic
By strungout

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

One of the nicest cars I've owned, rivaling my Lexus LS 430 in many areas and exceeding it in performance, fun-to-drive, and styling. No problems in 21 years and still looks and drives like new. It has been called the best car Toyota ever made. I recall some car mag saying something like "if you want performance and comfort, buy the Supra, otherwise the Porsche 928 will do." The car has gotten as high as 28/20 highway/city and averages 24/19. A head-turner still, it will carry 2 bicycles and camping gear for a 3-week trip. Is anyone looking for an 18,000-mile LS 430?

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, performance, quality, gas mileage. multi-adjustable power seat, power lumbar, roominess, targa top, engine growl, visibility. Easy to own and drive. Sticks to the road.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system.

I love my supra
By Chris Cramer

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

The mark 3 supra is an amazing performer for a small price. personally, I use this car is a daily driver and weekend warrior (at the track). I have to say that I am very satisfied with not only the performance, but the level of comfort this vehicle offers. Pressing the gas pedal anywhere above 3000 rpm gives you a nice kick in the pants as the car begins to accelerate. The interior included such features as a 10 way electronically adjustable driver seat (including lumbar). If you buy the targa (sport roof) model, it is quite pleasant to remove on nice spring or summer days.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the power. I have driven and owned many other cars such as a pontiac firebird transam... But none of those cars gave me the rush that this one does while accelerating to pass or just have some fun on the highway (of course within speed limits... wink wink)

Suggested Improvements

As with any older sports car you may encounter some problems along the way stemming from abuse or wear during it's lifetime. My only wish is that I had a chance to buy it brand new. Even so... Awesome car.

My First Supra
By Dc POwer

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I just Bought this supra and wanted one for a long time.. it is all that i expected it to be. Very Heavy Car, smooth ride and All the power you need is there when you need it. over all. i i am very pleased and happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Interior and the TurBO .. Ofcourse the TARGA top

Suggested Improvements

better way to remove the targa top instead un scruing it should be sum nice clip on.

Sweet
By Frank Hoegen

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This is the greatest japenese sports car ever made i gave it all tens and quite frankly it deserves them.

Favorite Features

Tems, Turbo,

Suggested Improvements

Nothing i can think of maybe heated seats

Toyota Supra MA70
By Shlongor

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

There is almost nothing bad about this car. The speed, dry-road handling, braking and style is just amazing. It is also very easy to upgrade for performance. I must correct those of you who have commented on the bad head gasket. It can survive ~350HP if you retorque the headbolts and it wasn't abused.

Favorite Features

TEMS (firm when accelerating/braking), Limited-slip Differential, power and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The engine bay is a little on the cramped side (wire harnesses everywhere) and the fuel economy is in need of some improvement.