1990 Toyota Supra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Supra model:
1990 Base Automatic
By strungout on 01/07/11 06:19 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

One of the nicest cars I've owned, rivaling my Lexus LS 430 in many areas and exceeding it in performance, fun-to-drive, and styling. No problems in 21 years and still looks and drives like new. It has been called the best car Toyota ever made. I recall some car mag saying something like "if you want performance and comfort, buy the Supra, otherwise the Porsche 928 will do." The car has gotten as high as 28/20 highway/city and averages 24/19. A head-turner still, it will carry 2 bicycles and camping gear for a 3-week trip. Is anyone looking for an 18,000-mile LS 430?

I love my supra
By Chris Cramer on 05/14/05 00:55 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

The mark 3 supra is an amazing performer for a small price. personally, I use this car is a daily driver and weekend warrior (at the track). I have to say that I am very satisfied with not only the performance, but the level of comfort this vehicle offers. Pressing the gas pedal anywhere above 3000 rpm gives you a nice kick in the pants as the car begins to accelerate. The interior included such features as a 10 way electronically adjustable driver seat (including lumbar). If you buy the targa (sport roof) model, it is quite pleasant to remove on nice spring or summer days.

My First Supra
By Dc POwer on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I just Bought this supra and wanted one for a long time.. it is all that i expected it to be. Very Heavy Car, smooth ride and All the power you need is there when you need it. over all. i i am very pleased and happy with my purchase.

Sweet
By Frank Hoegen on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This is the greatest japenese sports car ever made i gave it all tens and quite frankly it deserves them.

Toyota Supra MA70
By Shlongor on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

There is almost nothing bad about this car. The speed, dry-road handling, braking and style is just amazing. It is also very easy to upgrade for performance. I must correct those of you who have commented on the bad head gasket. It can survive ~350HP if you retorque the headbolts and it wasn't abused.

gasket
By neretvanac on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

I just got this car a couple of weeks ago. I've driven supra's before and have nothing but good words for it. The interior features are great, love the targa top, and just overall a fun ride. However, the headgasket on mine just blew, and when I went to fix it, we found a cracked cylinder head. I hope this doesn't cost too much cause I really like my car, and wouldn't want to be turned off by the repair costs.

The Japanese Aston Martin
By beltonf on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I just love this car! Stylish without being 'over the top'. Good handling, comfort and ride without being irritatingly oversharp, bumpy and twitchy. Relaxingly roomy with great luggage capacity. IT SEATS 4! Ultra quiet and smooth when accelerating hard. It is a quality car that happens to cost very little for what it delivers - a lot of bangs for the buck.It is a Grand Touring car rather than a serious sports car. It has a timeless understated elegance that will/has not dated as fast as others.

performance
By modified supra on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

i have no complaints from my turbo supra. i LOVE it. the FACTORY headgaskets can be re-torqued for reduced risk of blowing. stock boost definitely doesnt pose a problem. im running a steel gasket with a garret 62-1 modified ct-26 turbo ad arp bolts. i push 350+ bhp out of my car and nothing less than a t/a or a z28 is a challenge. cobras neednt even bother applying ;) mods cost $1300 list price. did the gasket myself.

Awesome car
By sv on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I love the car, where else can you get all this power with comforts that most cars today dont offer, heated mirrors, 12 way adjustable seats, adjustable suspension and automatic climate control cant beat that!!

Head Gasket
By JohnnyQuest on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Supra 2dr Hatchback

I've had to replace the head gasket TWICE in 4 years! This has caused me to replace the clogged catalytic converter and the exhaust, muffler, etc. Toyota should be sued over the faulty engine design of it's 3 liter engines!