2014 Toyota Sienna 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2014 Sienna XLE w/o Nav/Entune

2014 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

XLE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2014 Sienna XLE w/o Nav/Entune
By defgoldvette47 on

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purposely looked for a "base" XLE without Navigation/Entune or rear entertainment (DVD) to get the more comfortable leather seats (front only, rear softex) and minimize options which would be expensive to repair after warranty. This is my second Sienna, with a 2011 Odyssey purchased in between. I've read comments about the Odyssey being a better van, BUT my 2011 Touring ended up having transmission and engine issues, and it was an expensive vehicle. The Sienna has a great engine/trans combo, and the interior is very comfortable and spacious.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include great visibility, a huge cargo area, esp. with the third seat folded down, very comfortable seats, power rear quarter windows (when cracked open it promotes better flow through ventilation with the ac on), the ease of folding of the third row seat, the moveable second row seats to increase third row leg room, the power and torque of the V-6 engine mated with a great transmission, and the controlled and comfortable ride, even over broken pavement.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the mast antenna (so 1980's....come on Toyota!), improve the feedback of the electric power steering, improve the dash plastics (I know its made for easy cleaning, but they are too hard, and make the dash look cheap), put in a better radio (same as my 2005 Sienna, my wife's standard Subaru Legacy has a much better radio), and increase the size of the back up/info screen (3.5 inches.....why bother?) to at least 6 inches. This is an XLE.....get rid of the cheap stuff without making us buy an expensive Limited.