2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Sienna L 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
A little disappointed
By mtc_va on 01/10/15 08:54 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2009 Oddy. Based on great 1999 Camry experience, expected the Sienna to be better. So far, not so good. The main problem is the speedometer is wrong. It overstates speed 3-5 MPH. Our dealer in Tyson Corner, VA says it's normal and Toyota seems to agree. Granted, better than understating speed, but not what I expect of Toyota. Another surprise I didn't notice pre-purchase is that the 2nd row seats don't completely remove from the car. There is a substantial harness that remains above the floor. Wouldn't be able to carry drywall for example without damaging it. Never occurred to me to check after flat floors in past 3 minivans - Honda and Dodges. Buyer beware.

Great Ride, loads of room, and no spare tire
By carlryan on 01/06/15 08:07 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pleased with this car, 15k miles in except for the run flat tires and lack of a spare. the AWD versions of these vans have this serious design flaw, and the run flat tires are twice the price of standard tires, and wear twice as fast. So the buyer can figure on a factor of Four times the expense for keeping rubber on this car. As a lessor, I am disappointed that I will have to buy tires at least once for this car, and the run flats are absolutely awful for AWD traction and performance once they get to 4/32.

2014 Sienna XLE w/o Nav/Entune
By defgoldvette47 on 07/09/14 06:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purposely looked for a "base" XLE without Navigation/Entune or rear entertainment (DVD) to get the more comfortable leather seats (front only, rear softex) and minimize options which would be expensive to repair after warranty. This is my second Sienna, with a 2011 Odyssey purchased in between. I've read comments about the Odyssey being a better van, BUT my 2011 Touring ended up having transmission and engine issues, and it was an expensive vehicle. The Sienna has a great engine/trans combo, and the interior is very comfortable and spacious.

Practicality rendered in steel and plastic
By henry_bowman on 05/22/14 09:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Sienna is the vehicle we should have gotten years ago instead of an SUV. It is incredibly practical despite its geeky image. The interior is often a sore spot in Sienna reviews, but many confuse a minivan with a Lexus sedan. The hard plastics in the Sienna are designed for contact with snot-nosed kids with their greasy popcorn hands. The interior of the Sienna is much easier to clean and will hold up better to hard use compared to something with soft-touch plastics. The Sienna does not have the reliability problems that the Odyssey has. Honda V6 powertrains have a history of eating transmissions and, lately, engines. Too bad, because the rest of the Odyssey is very nice.

Cheap interior materials and other parts
By dbuilder on 04/28/14 11:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Cheap plastics, fabrics (floors), finishes in cabin makes its interior look cheap even though I've got XLE+Navi option. Comparing to previous Sienna model with same trim option, it has less leather surface than older models to save its cost. You will find other cost saving effort from Toyata, unless you are paying $40.000+ for limited edition. Check its keyless remote, interior finishes, XLE's leather finishes/quality, they are lower than average car. Especially you are also considering Oddysey Ex-L+Nav I chose Sienna because of its smooth engine feel, but now regret. In sum, $ per value, Odyssey is much better even though you may find Honda's MSRP is higher.

53,517 of 53,523 people found this review helpful
Great Choice After Lots of Anxiety
By luxsacra on 11/24/13 18:49 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It was difficult deciding among Toyota, Honda and Kia. All have their good points and drive well. I bought the Toyota four weeks ago, and I am happy with the decision, though I'd probably be just as happy with the Honda and Kia. I have the blind-spot monitor option ($500) and like it a lot. On the Sienna it is on both side-view mirrors; on the Odyssey, it is only on the passenger side. The long-slide 2nd row seats allow for almost 19" of leg room in the 2nd row, though that would leave almost no leg room for the 3rd row. Both 2nd and 3rd rows have shades. Entune and navigation system are great. Lots of cargo space behind 3rd row. 3rd row seats store easily, but not as easily as Honda's.