Used 2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Worst Mistake Ever
By Felix

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buying this is the worst mistake ever.....so many problems, where do I start. My 2014 has 25k miles. When going downhill with slight braking the whole van shakes. The drivers door power window motor needed to be replaced due to a buzzing sound when being rolled up. (It took 2 dealer trips before I could get the dealer to put in a new motor, now it's fixed). The stereo controls on the steering wheel for the volume and channels work intermittently. Sometimes I can push them greater than 20 times in a row before they start working. The dealer refuses to do anything for this because they can't re-create the problem while it's there. The stereo (with Navigation) itself has the weakest reception I've ever seen in a car yet the dealer tells me they know of the problem but there is no fix for it. It's usually mostly static and you lose all reception when driving on the fwy and drive under an over crossing. The paint on the bumpers is really bad. Every time I get a yellow pollen spot on on the front bumper it STAINS it! Even cleaner wax doesn't take it off. The paint on the top of the rear bumper was just slightly rubbed when taking something out of the back of the van and it took the paint off down to the black! The climate controls AC/Fan blow out a weird smell every now and then and when running just the fan with no AC, there is a weird humidity that comes out of it. The car battery died (bad cells according to the dealer) at just one year old. The grey on the "leather" steering wheel is flaking off and starting to show black underneath (remember just 25k miles). I'm sure there is more but that's just off of the top of my head.

Sienna a bad deal
By Ken Turner

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The VSC light comes on causing the cruise control to stop working. Dealer says $2,000 fix. Headlights went bad. $100 each except one will cost $1,300. According to dealer there's a computer for each headlight. Poor engineering. I had a 2001 sienna and loved it. This '04 is junk. Don't buy these cars.

Ok Minivan but tires bring value WAY down
By C Colebourn

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Decent minivan. After owning a Honda this was our first Toyota minvan. Most of the features we have been happy with. The BIG disappointment is the run-flat tires. I'm not sure why Toyota has stuck with them so long. The cost 2.5X times normal tires and wear out in 25K miles! This is a huge maintenance cost and bring the total value of the car way down. I'll never buy another car with run-flat tires.

Excellent OVERALL Package
By stringattached

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First minivan and I love it. I'm more focused on practicality in our family and after noticing that my 4 year old nephew had issues climbing into our Traverse, I knew it was time to think seriously about a minivan.

We owned a 2010 Venza which we traded in after 75,000 miles and other a slight manufacturing defect with the 4-cylinder engine which was repaired under warranty, I took care of that car and it hummed along at 75,000 miles like that day we drove it off the lot. Needless to say I was sold on Toyota and noticed the difference in long-term build quality between it and our Traverse.

Sliding doors! Seems trivial, but when you live in northern VA and have to deal with narrow parking spaces, you understand why sliding doors matter. Space - The van allows you to fit a lot of people and cargo without sacrificing the gas mileage. The large slide out cup holders in front. The only reason I mention this is that these large cup holders where removed in the 2015 re-design and you don't know you like something until its gone. They are nice for key/phone/bottle storage. Love the tires! Ours came with Firestones and I've had two nails in them. They've been patched no problem.

The biggest issue I have with the Sienna is the middle seat of the second row. It's pretty much useless unless you have family member that is literally a stick figure. I think most of the issues have been addressed in the 2015 redesign, save the smaller slide out cup holders in the front. 2015 has Driver speak; XLE Premium trim gives the DVD and BSM without having to spend a ton more on the Limited; redesigned interior is nice; very very slight ride improvement and ride noise reduction; Entune system is improved

Sixth Toyota; still love them
By Emily Miller Jocham

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this minivan! A couple things about Toyotas that buyers should know: 1) Toyota is practicality and *quality* first, which means that there are sometimes design issues (especially with the interior) that may annoy, but they do not compromise the integrity of the vehicle, and the car will still last longer than any American-made pile of junk; 2) Siennas are made to be torn up by little kids, so don't expect Lexus-like appointments (my husband's '12 Avalon is far, far, faaaar superior to my top-of-the-line XLE minivan). So, don't be silly--understand what you're buying, and you will be be pleased for many years to come!

Sliding second row seats; Entune system (love the traffic feature!); comfortable seats; lots of leg room, even in the third row; can easily have a rear-facing convertible carseat in the second row; easy-to-stow third-row seats; user-friendly DVD system; user-friendly navigation; smart storage for second-row middle seat; love the BSM

Larger screen for navigation (I believe 2015 is much bigger); darker-colored steering wheel (the light grey gets very mucky quickly); standard all-weather floor mats, at least for the back two rows; stow and go-type storage system for second row seats