2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Excellent OVERALL Package
By stringattached

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First minivan and I love it. I'm more focused on practicality in our family and after noticing that my 4 year old nephew had issues climbing into our Traverse, I knew it was time to think seriously about a minivan. We owned a 2010 Venza which we traded in after 75,000 miles and other a slight manufacturing defect with the 4-cylinder engine which was repaired under warranty, I took care of that car and it hummed along at 75,000 miles like that day we drove it off the lot. Needless to say I was sold on Toyota and noticed the difference in long-term build quality between it and our Traverse.

Sliding doors! Seems trivial, but when you live in northern VA and have to deal with narrow parking spaces, you understand why sliding doors matter. Space - The van allows you to fit a lot of people and cargo without sacrificing the gas mileage. The large slide out cup holders in front. The only reason I mention this is that these large cup holders where removed in the 2015 re-design and you don't know you like something until its gone. They are nice for key/phone/bottle storage. Love the tires! Ours came with Firestones and I've had two nails in them. They've been patched no problem.

The biggest issue I have with the Sienna is the middle seat of the second row. It's pretty much useless unless you have family member that is literally a stick figure. I think most of the issues have been addressed in the 2015 redesign, save the smaller slide out cup holders in the front. 2015 has Driver speak; XLE Premium trim gives the DVD and BSM without having to spend a ton more on the Limited; redesigned interior is nice; very very slight ride improvement and ride noise reduction; Entune system is improved

Sixth Toyota; still love them
By Emily Miller Jocham

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this minivan! A couple things about Toyotas that buyers should know: 1) Toyota is practicality and *quality* first, which means that there are sometimes design issues (especially with the interior) that may annoy, but they do not compromise the integrity of the vehicle, and the car will still last longer than any American-made pile of junk; 2) Siennas are made to be torn up by little kids, so don't expect Lexus-like appointments (my husband's '12 Avalon is far, far, faaaar superior to my top-of-the-line XLE minivan). So, don't be silly--understand what you're buying, and you will be be pleased for many years to come!

Sliding second row seats; Entune system (love the traffic feature!); comfortable seats; lots of leg room, even in the third row; can easily have a rear-facing convertible carseat in the second row; easy-to-stow third-row seats; user-friendly DVD system; user-friendly navigation; smart storage for second-row middle seat; love the BSM

Larger screen for navigation (I believe 2015 is much bigger); darker-colored steering wheel (the light grey gets very mucky quickly); standard all-weather floor mats, at least for the back two rows; stow and go-type storage system for second row seats

Winter brake freeze
By kjp669

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just returned from the Toyota dealer. I had made an appointment to repair the rear brakes that freeze every time the van is washed in winter. I was told by the service advisor not to wash the van when the temperature is below 32 degrees. I have owned several other mini vans & cars & have never heard of anyone being told not to wash your vehicle. We will never buy another Sienna again. It is a 2014 XLE and was purchased new.

Repair rear brake winter freezing problems.

A little disappointed
By mtc_va

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2009 Oddy. Based on great 1999 Camry experience, expected the Sienna to be better. So far, not so good. The main problem is the speedometer is wrong. It overstates speed 3-5 MPH. Our dealer in Tyson Corner, VA says it's normal and Toyota seems to agree. Granted, better than understating speed, but not what I expect of Toyota. Another surprise I didn't notice pre-purchase is that the 2nd row seats don't completely remove from the car. There is a substantial harness that remains above the floor. Wouldn't be able to carry drywall for example without damaging it. Never occurred to me to check after flat floors in past 3 minivans - Honda and Dodges. Buyer beware.

Exterior styling, interior design/refinement and storage, 8th seat option, Entune is pretty slick (wish we had skipped having Sirius tuner installed - Pandora is just as good and cheaper even factoring in cellular data cost), Bluetooth streaming lets kids watch videos on iPad with audio sent through car speakers - nice

Fix speedometer accuracy issue; redesign 2nd row seats to avoid the bulging harness in the floor with seats removed; audio quality could be better; larger view screen for nav (I think 2015 fixed this)

Great Ride, loads of room, and no spare tire
By carlryan

2014 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pleased with this car, 15k miles in except for the run flat tires and lack of a spare. the AWD versions of these vans have this serious design flaw, and the run flat tires are twice the price of standard tires, and wear twice as fast. So the buyer can figure on a factor of Four times the expense for keeping rubber on this car. As a lessor, I am disappointed that I will have to buy tires at least once for this car, and the run flats are absolutely awful for AWD traction and performance once they get to 4/32.

the rest of the car is just great.

1) eliminate the run flat tires and put a spare someplace. 2) make some improvements to the onboard voice system, it is very cumbersome and doesnt play well with iphones. Ford's system is much better.