2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Winter brake freeze
By kjp669 on 02/09/15 15:55 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just returned from the Toyota dealer. I had made an appointment to repair the rear brakes that freeze every time the van is washed in winter. I was told by the service advisor not to wash the van when the temperature is below 32 degrees. I have owned several other mini vans & cars & have never heard of anyone being told not to wash your vehicle. We will never buy another Sienna again. It is a 2014 XLE and was purchased new.

A little disappointed
By mtc_va on 01/10/15 08:54 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2009 Oddy. Based on great 1999 Camry experience, expected the Sienna to be better. So far, not so good. The main problem is the speedometer is wrong. It overstates speed 3-5 MPH. Our dealer in Tyson Corner, VA says it's normal and Toyota seems to agree. Granted, better than understating speed, but not what I expect of Toyota. Another surprise I didn't notice pre-purchase is that the 2nd row seats don't completely remove from the car. There is a substantial harness that remains above the floor. Wouldn't be able to carry drywall for example without damaging it. Never occurred to me to check after flat floors in past 3 minivans - Honda and Dodges. Buyer beware.

Great Ride, loads of room, and no spare tire
By carlryan on 01/06/15 08:07 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pleased with this car, 15k miles in except for the run flat tires and lack of a spare. the AWD versions of these vans have this serious design flaw, and the run flat tires are twice the price of standard tires, and wear twice as fast. So the buyer can figure on a factor of Four times the expense for keeping rubber on this car. As a lessor, I am disappointed that I will have to buy tires at least once for this car, and the run flats are absolutely awful for AWD traction and performance once they get to 4/32.

Review from Long-term Toyota owner: 2014 Sienna utterly disappoints
By frrrroom_dz on 10/25/14 19:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Perhaps the worst Toyota among 7 that I owned in the past 14 years. Had a pleasure to own two 4Runners, 2 GX470 and 1 GX460, 1 Highlander. This Sienna is wrong in almost every department but biggest is by far rattle and squeaks from cheapest plastic panels that 2014 Sienna has. Impossible to to mitigate those issues. 3rd row seats rattle loudly even after anti-rattle kit was installed. Inside the van it is obnoxiously loud, all road noise comes in at highway speeds that you need to crank radio just to hear it. Certainly, not good for long trips, we bought it to take on the cross-country trips but what a mistake it was.

2014 Sienna XLE w/o Nav/Entune
By defgoldvette47 on 07/09/14 06:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purposely looked for a "base" XLE without Navigation/Entune or rear entertainment (DVD) to get the more comfortable leather seats (front only, rear softex) and minimize options which would be expensive to repair after warranty. This is my second Sienna, with a 2011 Odyssey purchased in between. I've read comments about the Odyssey being a better van, BUT my 2011 Touring ended up having transmission and engine issues, and it was an expensive vehicle. The Sienna has a great engine/trans combo, and the interior is very comfortable and spacious.

Practicality rendered in steel and plastic
By henry_bowman on 05/22/14 09:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Sienna is the vehicle we should have gotten years ago instead of an SUV. It is incredibly practical despite its geeky image. The interior is often a sore spot in Sienna reviews, but many confuse a minivan with a Lexus sedan. The hard plastics in the Sienna are designed for contact with snot-nosed kids with their greasy popcorn hands. The interior of the Sienna is much easier to clean and will hold up better to hard use compared to something with soft-touch plastics. The Sienna does not have the reliability problems that the Odyssey has. Honda V6 powertrains have a history of eating transmissions and, lately, engines. Too bad, because the rest of the Odyssey is very nice.

Cheap interior materials and other parts
By dbuilder on 04/28/14 11:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Cheap plastics, fabrics (floors), finishes in cabin makes its interior look cheap even though I've got XLE+Navi option. Comparing to previous Sienna model with same trim option, it has less leather surface than older models to save its cost. You will find other cost saving effort from Toyata, unless you are paying $40.000+ for limited edition. Check its keyless remote, interior finishes, XLE's leather finishes/quality, they are lower than average car. Especially you are also considering Oddysey Ex-L+Nav I chose Sienna because of its smooth engine feel, but now regret. In sum, $ per value, Odyssey is much better even though you may find Honda's MSRP is higher.

63,189 of 63,195 people found this review helpful
Great Choice After Lots of Anxiety
By luxsacra on 11/24/13 18:49 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It was difficult deciding among Toyota, Honda and Kia. All have their good points and drive well. I bought the Toyota four weeks ago, and I am happy with the decision, though I'd probably be just as happy with the Honda and Kia. I have the blind-spot monitor option ($500) and like it a lot. On the Sienna it is on both side-view mirrors; on the Odyssey, it is only on the passenger side. The long-slide 2nd row seats allow for almost 19" of leg room in the 2nd row, though that would leave almost no leg room for the 3rd row. Both 2nd and 3rd rows have shades. Entune and navigation system are great. Lots of cargo space behind 3rd row. 3rd row seats store easily, but not as easily as Honda's.