Used 2014 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

THEFT BY TOYOTA
By Hogwash

2014 Toyota Sienna CE Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned three Toyota Siennas.
In June, 2015, I purchased a two year Prepaid Maintenance Program Extension on my 2013 Sienna for $299.
We do not drive a lot, and so when this car was destroyed by a careless driver, and we purchased a 2015 Sienna, I took the paperwork down to Stevinson Toyota on Havana in Aurora, Co. to get the maintenance contract transferred.
I was SHOCKED when they said all they could transfer was $169.94. None of the contract had been used.
THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO THEFT OF $130 OF OUR MONEY.

Still the one - barely
By E V

2014 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 4th minivan and we believe that many of the features have been steadily improving. However, there have been a few things that have not. The front seats are far less comfortable than a few years ago in the Sienna. The 2014 came with no GPS and a teeny backup camera screen - I added an aftermarket unit and it made all of the difference. The 2015 started to make the larger screen standard. Lastly, road and wind noise has been an issue - passenger side wind noise is fairly obnoxious. Overall the van is great and we hope the 2016+ models are improved.

Worst Mistake Ever
By Felix

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buying this is the worst mistake ever.....so many problems, where do I start. My 2014 has 25k miles. When going downhill with slight braking the whole van shakes. The drivers door power window motor needed to be replaced due to a buzzing sound when being rolled up. (It took 2 dealer trips before I could get the dealer to put in a new motor, now it's fixed). The stereo controls on the steering wheel for the volume and channels work intermittently. Sometimes I can push them greater than 20 times in a row before they start working. The dealer refuses to do anything for this because they can't re-create the problem while it's there. The stereo (with Navigation) itself has the weakest reception I've ever seen in a car yet the dealer tells me they know of the problem but there is no fix for it. It's usually mostly static and you lose all reception when driving on the fwy and drive under an over crossing. The paint on the bumpers is really bad. Every time I get a yellow pollen spot on on the front bumper it STAINS it! Even cleaner wax doesn't take it off. The paint on the top of the rear bumper was just slightly rubbed when taking something out of the back of the van and it took the paint off down to the black! The climate controls AC/Fan blow out a weird smell every now and then and when running just the fan with no AC, there is a weird humidity that comes out of it. The car battery died (bad cells according to the dealer) at just one year old. The grey on the "leather" steering wheel is flaking off and starting to show black underneath (remember just 25k miles). I'm sure there is more but that's just off of the top of my head.

Sienna a bad deal
By Ken Turner

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The VSC light comes on causing the cruise control to stop working. Dealer says $2,000 fix. Headlights went bad. $100 each except one will cost $1,300. According to dealer there's a computer for each headlight. Poor engineering. I had a 2001 sienna and loved it. This '04 is junk. Don't buy these cars.

Ok Minivan but tires bring value WAY down
By C Colebourn

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Decent minivan. After owning a Honda this was our first Toyota minvan. Most of the features we have been happy with. The BIG disappointment is the run-flat tires. I'm not sure why Toyota has stuck with them so long. The cost 2.5X times normal tires and wear out in 25K miles! This is a huge maintenance cost and bring the total value of the car way down. I'll never buy another car with run-flat tires.