Used 2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Check that everything works before you buy
By Rushdi Eskarous

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in 2015 Toyota Camry in a 2015 Toyota Sienna. After I purchased the vehicle I found out that If I get my cell phone paired to my vehicle and try to call someone and use the scroll keys to get to the next person in the last dialed list, instead of scrolling up or down, it changes my radio channel. I contacted my dealership and they said that they contacted TOYOTA corp with the problem and they advised changing the radio. They got a new Radio, got it in and the problem is still there. So I called Toyota Corp and they told me that they will research this and get back with me. Next day they called and they said that my XLE vehicle does not have the feature that is "by the way was in my 2015 Camry, in my wife's 2014 Camry, and in the 2015 Toyota Sienna the BASE Model L and LE) but for some reason they decide to downgrade and eliminated this feature from their XLE. The absence of this feature is really irritating and can cause you try to call in a different way by scrolling the radio key in your radio and you may get involved in an accident. I almost had an accident because when you take your eyes on the road to reach for your radio, that's what happens. Think twice before you purchase this vehicle. It is your comfort and your life here.

A grandfather's honest opinion
By Doug Flyger

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a new 2011 Toyota Sienna LE, put 30K plus on it and traded for a new 2013 Sienna LE almost 3 years ago. I now have 54K miles on this new 2013 as of 1-29-2016. Overall, this is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned. The best features are: effortless electronic steering, fabulous turning radius, smooth ride, spacious cargo room ( I can haul full 4 x 8 sheets of plywood flat in the rear), dual front and rear climate control, blue-tooth tech for my Ipod and phone, and just plain high quality and reliability of the van. Negatives are: driver side middle seat is cumbersome to remove because of the built in cup holder and seat rail slider,and the poor quality new LIMITED MILEAGE TIRES that the only last for 30K miles is disgraceful ( both of my 2011 and current 2013 Siennas had these Michelin limited mile tires.

Great car
By Rick Talley

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, great resale

A major mama gripe with design
By mamato4

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan L 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a mom I like this kid wagon pretty well, but have one major gripe with the design.
It's obviously meant to haul children, and almost all children are in some sort of safety restraint/seat these days.
Problem is, the 2nd and 3rd row seats have this ridiculous incline, about a 45 degree incline toward the back.
What they really need to start at is about ground level for proper installation of car seats.
I've had to roll a towel to stick under a car seat before, but this is insane.
Who thought this was a good idea??
You really have to rig it to get the child seat at the proper angle, especially for the youngest children (newborns and babies) who are rear-facing and need to be reclined.

Fix the 2nd and 3rd row seats so they're appropriate and safe for children!

Sienna SE is the best Minivan yet
By iselin

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased 2013 Sienna SE after
careful analysis with Sienna XLE and Honda Odyssey(EX-L and Touring). Below is my verdict on who wins in each category-

Exterior - Sienna SE
Price - Sienna
Drive - Sienna SE
Steering/Handling - Sienna SE

Winner - Sienna SE by a margin

If looks and drive does matter to you, go with Sienna SE with Navigation pkg. If you want to opt for XLE, then Odyssey is a better choice.
Odyssey pick up is not so good.

Odyssey 2014 still looks bad when compared to Sienna.

Best Minivan looks so far, wheels, fog lights with rings, concealed rear-wipers, space for storing captain chair, moonroof

Interior build quality, navigation system, torque, better 2nd row seats like Odyssey.