2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
A major mama gripe with design
By mamato4 on 03/25/14 13:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan L 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a mom I like this kid wagon pretty well, but have one major gripe with the design. It's obviously meant to haul children, and almost all children are in some sort of safety restraint/seat these days. Problem is, the 2nd and 3rd row seats have this ridiculous incline, about a 45 degree incline toward the back. What they really need to start at is about ground level for proper installation of car seats. I've had to roll a towel to stick under a car seat before, but this is insane. Who thought this was a good idea?? You really have to rig it to get the child seat at the proper angle, especially for the youngest children (newborns and babies) who are rear-facing and need to be reclined.

Sienna SE is the best Minivan yet
By iselin on 10/22/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased 2013 Sienna SE after careful analysis with Sienna XLE and Honda Odyssey(EX-L and Touring). Below is my verdict on who wins in each category- Exterior - Sienna SE Tires/Wheels - Sienna SE Tech - Odyssey Features - Odyssey Seating - Odyssey Access to 3rd row - Sienna Dashboard - Odyssey Cargo Space - Sienna Mileage - Odyssey Price - Sienna Drive - Sienna SE Steering/Handling - Sienna SE Winner - Sienna SE by a margin If looks and drive does matter to you, go with Sienna SE with Navigation pkg. If you want to opt for XLE, then Odyssey is a better choice. Odyssey pick up is not so good. Odyssey 2014 still looks bad when compared to Sienna.

DO NOT BUY NAVIGATION SYSTEM
By nj_jd on 09/03/13 09:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We like the seinna in general. Its comfortable, best driving minivan we tested. Lots of space. What we dont like is the navigation system is one of the worst I've ever used. Its voice entry is slow and error prone, it's display is cluttered and hard to get what is important, it is hard to follow in a city with close turns. Its just bad. My $100 garmin is much better. Not only did I spend 15x that for this system, but they also take out the XM capable radio to do it. Other complaints are gas mileage is only 18-21, the heated seats dont let you turn on back vs legs, and in general the seats are not as comfortable as I would expect in this class. And the tires are expensive!

Design Flaws
By nsilva333 on 03/15/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 Toyota Sienna in January 2013. It is currently below 2000 miles. . At 60% weight load capacity, the ground clearance goes down to about 5 inches. I get honked on highway asking me to pull over and check-out the rear. The weight load capacity specified in the Toyota User Manual is 1355lbs. Even the dealer is suggesting me go buy an aftermarket solution to fix the issue. This is a true safety issue. Don’t even think about installing a tow hitch for a bicycle etc. The van’s rear suspension is too weak to handle a tow hitch with the weight of bicycles.

18,948 of 18,968 people found this review helpful
THE BETTER CHOICE!
By drumndan on 03/06/13 06:44 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Grand Caravan, Odyssey, and Sienna before buying. The Dodge felt cheap & rough, the Odyssey was good, and the handling was tight, but it felt like a sports car - transmitted every little bump thru the suspension in a violent way. Also, as I test-drove a 5-speed Honda, the Sienna had noticeably better acceleration. The Honda had less comfy armrests, and no available center console on the base model. For the same price as the base Honda, I got a Sienna LE with power seat, power doors, a nicer ride, satellite radio, and a better reliability record. Only complaint for the Sienna is the driver's "dead pedal" area on the left is too close for comfort. Awesome car & purchase.

Great van with a little room for improvement
By milans on 02/24/13 21:06 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to admit that I had my eye on the latest generation Sienna from the day it came out. My 2004 Sienna LE that I still own had been quite a workhorse for me, but it has140k/miles. I liked the tight turning radius and 20-21MPG of the 04. Also the foldable center divider is handy for moving long objects. One of the reasons that I got the Limited was the lack of that ugly piece of plastic that is in the middle of the second row seats for seating 8 people. I like the 2013 very much but wish it got better MPG (I get 18-19 with mixed driving), and had a little tighter turning radius (like 04). The ride is effortless and smooth, seats are first class, and all the warning systems are great!

average product with below average safety
By greencar2 on 02/06/13 18:41 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Mobility 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Main selling point was slight reliability edge as reported by Consumer reports over other minivans. However in safety, airbag counts are not a good measure. The airbags help if the structure fails and in this aspect the Honda's are many years ahead. Check out the side pole gov crash testing at safecar.gov or the small overlap front test conducted by the Insurance Inst. Hondas consistantly outscore all other models except volvos. We had a bad experience at our local dealer in Dover, DE. The price and terms were verbally agreed to but on the day of delivery they were changed in favor of the dealer. Do not deal with this dealership. Get everything in writing and signed by the owner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$143 per month*