Used 2013 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
THE BETTER CHOICE!
73,418 of 73,439 people found this review helpful
By drumndan

2013 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Grand Caravan, Odyssey, and Sienna before buying. The Dodge felt cheap & rough, the Odyssey was good, and the handling was tight, but it felt like a sports car - transmitted every little bump thru the suspension in a violent way. Also, as I test-drove a 5-speed Honda, the Sienna had noticeably better acceleration. The Honda had less comfy armrests, and no available center console on the base model. For the same price as the base Honda, I got a Sienna LE with power seat, power doors, a nicer ride, satellite radio, and a better reliability record. Only complaint for the Sienna is the driver's "dead pedal" area on the left is too close for comfort. Awesome car & purchase.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, quiet cabin, brisk acceleration, power sliding doors, excellent stereo, appealing exterior, long-slide second-row seats, cavernous cargo area behind the third-row seats. Steering wheel stereo controls are handy.

Suggested Improvements

Dead pedal area by driver's left foot is too close to the seating area. I only have a 31" inseam, but feel the need to stretch my leg a little further. Toyota should put a 12v outlet in the back of the center console for using accessories in the second row. The added cost would be about $5, but the benefit to people with kids would be enormous.

Great van with a little room for improvement
By milans

2013 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to admit that I had my eye on the latest generation Sienna from the day it came out. My 2004 Sienna LE that I still own had been quite a workhorse for me, but it has140k/miles. I liked the tight turning radius and 20-21MPG of the 04. Also the foldable center divider is handy for moving long objects. One of the reasons that I got the Limited was the lack of that ugly piece of plastic that is in the middle of the second row seats for seating 8 people. I like the 2013 very much but wish it got better MPG (I get 18-19 with mixed driving), and had a little tighter turning radius (like 04). The ride is effortless and smooth, seats are first class, and all the warning systems are great!

Favorite Features

Seats are cush! blind spot side-view mirror warning system, back up warning and side warning system, center console for drinks, auto third seat button, auto rear door button. Handling, GPS, DVD dual mode wide screen, double sunroofs.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is low. Turning radius not as tight as previous generation which makes parking a little tougher.

DO NOT BUY NAVIGATION SYSTEM
By nj_jd

2013 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We like the seinna in general. Its comfortable, best driving minivan we tested. Lots of space. What we dont like is the navigation system is one of the worst I've ever used. Its voice entry is slow and error prone, it's display is cluttered and hard to get what is important, it is hard to follow in a city with close turns. Its just bad. My $100 garmin is much better. Not only did I spend 15x that for this system, but they also take out the XM capable radio to do it. Other complaints are gas mileage is only 18-21, the heated seats dont let you turn on back vs legs, and in general the seats are not as comfortable as I would expect in this class. And the tires are expensive!

Suggested Improvements

Get together with google and make a real navigation system. The runflat tires should be optional, they are very expensive and wear very fast ( we dont think well get 25K miles at of the current set).

Sienna SE is the best Minivan yet
By iselin

2013 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased 2013 Sienna SE after careful analysis with Sienna XLE and Honda Odyssey(EX-L and Touring). Below is my verdict on who wins in each category- Exterior - Sienna SE Tires/Wheels - Sienna SE Tech - Odyssey Features - Odyssey Seating - Odyssey Access to 3rd row - Sienna Dashboard - Odyssey Cargo Space - Sienna Mileage - Odyssey Price - Sienna Drive - Sienna SE Steering/Handling - Sienna SE Winner - Sienna SE by a margin If looks and drive does matter to you, go with Sienna SE with Navigation pkg. If you want to opt for XLE, then Odyssey is a better choice. Odyssey pick up is not so good. Odyssey 2014 still looks bad when compared to Sienna.

Favorite Features

Best Minivan looks so far, wheels, fog lights with rings, concealed rear-wipers, space for storing captain chair, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

Interior build quality, navigation system, torque, better 2nd row seats like Odyssey.

average product with below average safety
By greencar2

2013 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Mobility 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Main selling point was slight reliability edge as reported by Consumer reports over other minivans. However in safety, airbag counts are not a good measure. The airbags help if the structure fails and in this aspect the Honda's are many years ahead. Check out the side pole gov crash testing at safecar.gov or the small overlap front test conducted by the Insurance Inst. Hondas consistantly outscore all other models except volvos. We had a bad experience at our local dealer in Dover, DE. The price and terms were verbally agreed to but on the day of delivery they were changed in favor of the dealer. Do not deal with this dealership. Get everything in writing and signed by the owner.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Major improvements to safety is needed to make this vehicle competitive in the market again. The structure is significantly weaker than Honda product.