Third Sienna (Limited with convenience pkg., nav and entertainment pkg.)
By minivanmom123 on
2012 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I previously had a 2004 Limited, 2011 Limited and now the 2012 Limited. My 2011 Sienna was totaled (not our fault). I was very happy with how well the Toyota protected my entire family. My kids begged me to replace the 2011 with another Sienna. The Sienna drives well and feels like a luxury vehicle (as far as minivans go!). It's comfortable, drives smooth, has great features and proved to be a safe vehicle. The pickup power is good, the doors open smoothly and quietly. I looked at luxury SUV's and many didn't have all the features the limited Sienna had (and were $15K more.) Gas mileage in the city, for me, averages 18 according to the display monitor.
Favorite Features
Smart Key (a must have on all my future cars) HID headlights (convenience package) Lounge seats in second row Dual Sunroofs Power folding side mirrors Big DVD screen Toyota's Safety Connect (their version of OnStar) ...came in handy when our 2011 was in an accident Having the door controls in the center for both passenger and driver to control. This is such a nice feature. I once owned a 2008 Honda Odyssey touring and Honda had the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. I hated asking my husband to shut the back doors, etc. bc I couldn't reach the buttons from passenger seat.
Suggested Improvements
Add a blind spot indicator on mirrors. Hard drive radio would be nice. Softer materials on the dash. Granted, I only touched the dash I think on the day I first test drove it, but I know it gets low reviews from people. Since I rarely touch the dash, this doesn't bother me, but for $45,000, I think it could be a bit nicer.
By minivanmom123
on 08/14/12 05:18 AM (PDT)

Update: Have 7000 miles on it so far. My MPG is 19.1 (according to the on dash display). That's better than my Odyssey did and my former Siennas.