2012 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Loving it

2012 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

Loving it
By anonymous38 on

2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car was an upgrade from our 2007 LE AWD model. I love this car. All of the nicer amenities are very well done. The steering is much nicer--not hard and trucky like our old one--and it handles well both on the highway and on country roads and city streets. The back up camera in the dash is very useful, something I didn't have before and wouldn't have thought I would like. The driver armrest is higher in this car than our old one, but it still bugs me that it is not adjustable apart from the seat back. The entertainment system is easy to use and keeps the kids happy. Love the side shades and the auto doors and back gate--I use all of those a lot.

auto doors & back gate, satellite radio, 3-zone a/c, auto setting for headlights.

The material the dash is made from seems a bit chintzy, but not really in a super noticeable way. I noticed it because I read another review on here that talked about it. The armrests need to be adjustable. The Odyssey has had adjustable armrests forever. I'm still not sure how I feel about the way the 2nd row seats adjust and are. I like the distance they are able to move, but I don't like the console thing in the middle when you remove the middle 2nd row seat. And, we got all weather mats and the 2nd row ones aren't nearly as good as the ones in my 07, which completely covered the floors. I worry that there isn't as much protection with these new ones and the tracks the seats are on.