2012 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Comfort & Spacious
By nag4 on 05/05/12 19:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought 2012 XLE FWD model last month. It is very spacious and more comfortable. I took test drive of equally loaded Highlander SE v6 FWD and compared it to Sienna. I felt the handling is better in Sienna. But, the pickup is good in Highlander. In terms of mpg, i guess Sienna gives 1 miles less than Highlander. My wife liked Odyssey. But, since we read bad reviews about its Wind noise and Transmission, we decided not to buy. That too equally loaded Odyssey ELX is expensive than Sienna XLE. But after buying Sienna, i realize that there is Wind noise & Road noise in this as well. But, it rides better and cheap with 2 year free maintenance.

Disappointed
By simpleuser on 03/29/12 13:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Navigation System is very poorly designed. Not only it's not self-intuitive, but also seems to be buggy. Some times some of the options are grayed out, some other times the same options are available. That should not be happening. Also, I still have not been able to transfer my phone contacts - the process keeps failing. Another thing that's a bummer: it seems to be averaging 14 miles a gallon, though I drive half of the miles on the freeway about 70m/hr. Where is the promised 25 miles per gallon??? The storage spacing is a bit weird: I have 8 cup holders around me, but not much other type of storage.

People mover
By saljack on 03/14/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My biggest concern in purchasing a minivan was gas mileage. I calibrated the odometer against my GPS (it was perfect!), and then waited until the vehicle had reached 1000 miles. Then I carefully measured fuel consumption for our "around town" (we live in a suburb, so our "around town" doesn't have lots of stop and go), and cross country on open roads. I noted that the mileage computer is exceptionally accurate...within .1 mpg of my calculated mpg. The results: Our town driving...22-23 mpg Highway (under the best circumstances possible)...26-27 mpg. Basically, for a vehicle of this size and power, and with an EPA rating of 18/25, I think this is pretty good, and I am satisfied.

Third Sienna (Limited with convenience pkg., nav and entertainment pkg.)
By minivanmom123 on 02/29/12 10:46 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously had a 2004 Limited, 2011 Limited and now the 2012 Limited. My 2011 Sienna was totaled (not our fault). I was very happy with how well the Toyota protected my entire family. My kids begged me to replace the 2011 with another Sienna. The Sienna drives well and feels like a luxury vehicle (as far as minivans go!). It's comfortable, drives smooth, has great features and proved to be a safe vehicle. The pickup power is good, the doors open smoothly and quietly. I looked at luxury SUV's and many didn't have all the features the limited Sienna had (and were $15K more.) Gas mileage in the city, for me, averages 18 according to the display monitor.

Sienna 5K
By jbing123 on 02/07/12 13:27 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Approaching the first 5000 miles in our 2012 Sienna XLE - very pleased overall with the purchase. Averaging 20.2 MPG in mixed driving. Got as good as 23 on a recent road trip - fully loaded. Family is very pleased with the entertainment system and overall comfort. Bluetooth and XM/Sirius are fun. Only issue so far was a screw in one of the tires - no issues with van so far. Only real disappointment- Toyota autostart was installed at purchase- not so great- system only works if the car is locked and shuts off if you unlock - Autostart on my last vehicle would stay on until you put the key in the ignition which gives flexibility and doesn't require you to restart the car.

Very impressed with 2012 Sienna LE 8-psg V6
By bigedmundsfan on 02/06/12 22:16 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When my Odyssey died (transmission problem) I've decided to test drive a Sienna. Love it and bought it, and two weeks later I do not regret the decision (options: towing prep, floor mats, anti-theft.) The drive (handling and ease of turns) is excellent which is what I have not expected. The seats are very roomy and even the second-row middle-seat is fairly comfortable, the third-row bench's ability to recline is a nice touch. Ride is so comfortable that you don't feel like you're driving at a high speed so if you are a speedster, keep an eye on your speedometer. Acceleration is decent for a minivan and overall I would say it really up its game to rival Honda Odyssey.

Early thoughts on 2012 Sienna
By dwkreutzer on 11/10/11 07:24 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Since this is a first-week review, take it with a grain of salt. So far, it is excellent. We traded in an 8-year-old Sedona, so the impress-me hurdle is pretty low. Nevertheless, the Sienna is impressive even though we purchased the base model V6 with the only options being floor mats (why aren't they standard?) and towing prep. I'm 6'2" and found that all the seats (driver, second row, and third row) were able to accomodate me comfortably. I just returned from an 800-mile trip and couldn't get over how smooth and comfortable the ride/drive was. Averaged over 25 mpg. Powerful engine, great feeling brakes, and good-for-minivan steering. Felt very solid and stable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$133 per month*