Used 2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Our first minivan 2012 Sienna Base Model 7 Seater
By Jay V

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've always been a car guy, then SUV, all german. Now that we have a newborn and our family is growing, we had to opt out to having a larger capacity vehicle. Hence, the 7 seater or even more in the future if need be. My first thought was, man no one really respects van drivers and I experienced this first hand right away. This is when other vehicles always cuts you off on the freeway and disregards that "Hey we are driving here! Don't you see me!" LOL. We'll at least the drivability and the comfort with this van counters that. The ride is pretty smooth. We bought it used, and we are the 3rd owner at 88K miles, in clean pristine condition. We are running it with Goodyear tires. Even though we have the base model this is actually pretty good. I did not want the factory navi since I use Waze anyway and my kid uses his ipad mounted on the headrest. It's a win win for us.

Extended Family Vehicle.
By Extended family vehicle

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This minivan was bought as Toyota Certified Used Vehicle from the Longo Toyota. I had it for six months and drive it to Las Vegas twice. So Far, no trouble, except for the power sliding door on the driver's side. The button on the driver's rear side won't open the power sliding door, but it is able to close it. it seem quiet from the inside cabin. Just had a four tires rotation and a 19 points vehicle safety inspection done. Front brakes are still new and the rear brakes needs further attention. Hopefully with the right mechanic and maintenance, this minivan can go past 300,000 miles and beyond.

review
By Bob Shilling

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Swagger wagon
By Frank

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Great for families

Good if you hate your children
By ThatGuy

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used after owning a 1995 Previa, and a 2001 Sienna, both of which i got well over 300k miles on and never had any real issues with either of them. I purchased this after owning the two other vans thinking i would get the same great usage, and bullet-proof reliability. Unfortunately there is a design flaw with the 2005-2016 Toyota Sienna's where the L Bracket that holds the door to the van bends over time with usage, and causes the rear ECU to malfunction, which in turn causes the rear power sliding doors to randomly open. This fantastic feature of the new van's happens at random moments, and random speeds. I contacted Toyota, because my van was out of warranty, at 36,300 miles, "missed it by 300 miles", who continued to indicate that this was a known issue, and that they would cover half of the cost to repair the issue, and i would only have to come out of pocket 5771.00, which is the cost for half.. mind you they also indicated that this is a known issue.. Not happy with that outcome i contacted the NHTSB with the issue, and was told there have been 36K reports of the same issue occurring on Sienna Van's dating back to 2005, and that the last generation had a quiet recall, where Toyota extended the warranty on the doors, and repaired the issues free of charge, but this was never released as public knowledge.. The NHTSB indicated that they can't force a recall until someone dies.. I would suggest you avoid these vans like the plague if you love your family.. Otherwise i would hate to read about this issue in the paper because someone in your family dies..