2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Should have bought the Odyssey

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Review

Should have bought the Odyssey
By Martin M. on

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were very excited to be the first on our block to own the new Sienna Limited. But since driving it home, we've experienced a lot of problems for a brand new car. The navi screen has blacked out on warm days and the Toyota dealer can't seem to fix the issue. We found the road noise on the highway is really bad. Fuel economy is about 10 MPG around town and maybe 16 at best on the highway, both my wife and I are irate about this. The dealer says it's "Breaking in" (at 4000 miles). I came out to the car last night and it wouldn't start. Toyota Customer Service thinks it could be a security fault and now I'm back at the dealer. I'm just glad I was at home and not stranded at night!

We like the 2nd row seating and the hidden rear windshield wiper. The kids think the DVD split screen is cool, but the Sienna needs a second player for this feature. Overall it's been a really big disappointment. We felt we should have waited for the new Odyssey.

Yes, the interior plastics are somewhat cheap. Transmission is smooth but likes to lurch into final gear at times. In retrospect, we should have done more homework. We just wish we hadn't fallen in love with a $41,000 money pit.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review