Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh on
2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.
Favorite Features
Automatic doors...I know, but my other van didn't have! The things you take for granted when you have! Love the 8th seat too, helpful when I have to take kids' friends with us. (Didn't really need DVD or Navi, as each kid has portable DVD and we have a Garmin so went with SE, see above.
Suggested Improvements
I would have gone with XLE trim til I saw the light color options in it...4 kids= no way! Wanted leather seats, but had to compromise. Will add aftermarket leather seats later. Offer keyless start to SE. Hard trim on dash, uggh!, preferred my '98 dashboard.Really like the SE trim and sunroof.