My Best Vehicle Purchase Ever
By ttw on
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Needed a vehicle that could comfortably carry several adult guests, would also provide good storage for items I need to use in work travel (sometimes including 8 ft. folding tables), and AWD since I live on a steep hill in the country with a good amount of snow and ice. This vehicle is filling the bill in every respect. AWD is not continuous, only when need is sensed, but it does the job. Very comfortable for long trips. Previous cars were Ford LTD/Mercury Grand Marquis/Lincoln Town Car. (I'm no kid.) Ride and comfort are comparable to those, with better handling. Several people who have ridden in it have made favorable comparisons to Lexus, other luxury cars.
Favorite Features
Smart key access, rear camera & sensors, 2nd & rear seat configuration versatility, XM, GPS much better than aftermarket ones. I like to change my own oil; filter housing/drain very accessible & jacking easy. Got the covered storage bins for behind the rear seats, well worth it.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic floor trim too easily scuffed. Needs positive "on" light for AC. Wish there was a storage bin you could put in the space that's normally available for center 2nd-seat storage in the 8- pass. model, to make that space more useful in the AWD version. But in the grand scheme these are all nits.