Highly Recommended
By texsteeler on
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We love our Sienna. We’ve had it for approximately 4 months and have put almost 5,000 trouble-free miles on it, including several long road trips. The Vehicle Quiet, roomy, comfortable, attractive, safe, and reliable. Very agile steering -- this huge vehicle is very nimble in parking lots and tight corners. I think the base XLE is a very good value, especially with an after-market DVD player. In my opinion the premium package and limited versions are too expensive, and the AWD version seems to have some disadvantages. The Competition There are lots of great minivans on the market but the Sienna was an easy choice for us. We’ve always found Hondas to be uncomfortable, and I’ve never been impressed by the Odyssey’s consumer reviews. The Kia is nice, but we thought the Sienna was much more attractive and we were surprised how little difference there is in the price. The Quest’s styling is polarizing and controversial (once again) and the limited cargo situation was an issue for us despite its beautiful interior. Finally, I just don’t trust Chrysler/Dodge quality (whether that’s fair or not). Final words I think the “cheap interior” controversy is a little over-hyped. The 2011 XLE cabin is much more attractive than the 2010 Sienna or the 2011 Sedona. Additionally, since there is absolutely no center column, this interior just feels much more spacious then most other vehicles. Being a practical, price-conscious consumer, I would have loved to have saved money by buying a used Sienna, but the used Siennas are so bizarrely expensive it’s just not worth it. Bottom Line: Highly recommended. We are very happy with our 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE.
Favorite Features
Nimble maneuvering, spacious interior, satellite radio (how did we live without it). Bisque interior looks great.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger moonroof. Power doors seem prone to occassional glitches. Wish the front passenger seat was a power seat. It's too easy for the kids to leave one of the reading lights on in the back--those should be extinguished when the car is locked.