2011 Toyota Sienna 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great van; you need to

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Review

Great van; you need to read the manual!
By nicolasj on

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are so many reviews here that talk about problems that are not really problems. Can't use all the GPS features when the car is moving? Do you know you can 'talk' to it? The voice-activated navigation is amazing on this car; English is not my first language but NEVER ever did the car not understand what I was telling it, whether for GPS use or other things, actually. You think the iPod integration is bad? Don't forget you can stream audio via Bluetooth (with an iPhone for instance) and this works flawlessly. Problem with brakes while going downhill? Use engine-braking with the transmission's manual mode; it is so great to have this. I barely touch the brakes coming down a hill.

Favorite Features

- Auto high beams: very quick and super useful feature - Auto dimming side mirrors: incredibly convenient to keep morons behind you from blinding you at night with their high beams - Bluetooth audio streaming: flawless - Voice activation: first car I own in which this actually works - RES is great!

Suggested Improvements

I have one problem with this car: bottom cushion of front seats is hard, especially under the lower thighs. I need to move around quite a bit to find a comfortable position. Maybe it will get better. Not a deal-killer and it might also depends on weight/height of people that sit in the front.