Great car if you like Squeaky Seats
By marktuyet on
2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
Nice looking mini van but Toyota skimped on the quality of the interior especially the seats. Imagine your surprise after buying an expensive automobile and every time you or a passenger are in it the seats squeak terribly. I am talking about all the seats. The seat backs squeak and the seat bottoms squeak when you shift your body weight the slightest. They squeak when you pull away and when you brake the van. The second row seats can be removed but you are left with a big,bulky track above the floor level. Terrible design ! I have owned this vehicle over 1 year and have over 20,000 miles on it.
Favorite Features
quiet engine, decent gas mileage, the 6 speed shifts well and makes driving hills a breeze. Good radio and nice visibility .
Suggested Improvements
The seats .. I am very upset about this as I am 60 yrs. old and have driven a lot of bombs and no car I ever had, and there has been many, has had such poorly designed seats . It is so bad it makes me hate this vehicle. I will never buy another Toyota .. no car is perfect but I expected much better from Toyota. All the interior parts are cheap. My old Chrysler and much better quality except for the transmissions .
By sascom
on 11/30/11 07:51 AM (PST)

There is a defect on the seats. I had the same problem. The noise comes from the plastic part that touches the metal that lets the seat slide back and forward. You need to remove your passenger seat to see it. The first fix that Toyota did to fix the problem was to wrap the four contacts with duct tape "I could not believe it". Obviously, that went bad very fast and the squeaky noise came back after a 3 months. Then I came back and they used a better 3M tape and so far the squeaky noise is gone. The dealer told me that the guys from Japan came up with this workaround and redesigning the whole seat will be required to fix the root cause of the problem. Very disappointed.