Functional and fun!
By ginzero on
2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have two kids and our Rav4 was just too cramped. Also needed to carry visitors/cargo and go on long road trips. Test drove 2010 Dodge Caravan and Odyssey. The Sienna had smoother shifting of the three and had the most power. Cabin noise was less than the Caravan and about the same as the Odyssey. The Caravan had the most interior function of the three. I went with with a 3 year lease and the Sienna was the best value for my needs. I think the LE is the sweet spot model for the Siennas; lots of features for $28k. The SE model drives slightly better but it's a mini-van, if you want performance look elsewhere. If you want a people mover get this. +1000 miles 20 mpg avg.
Favorite Features
The standard LE has everything we needed, favorites: Automatic sliding doors Nice stereo; hands free, BT, XM, aux/USB, etc. Folding 3rd row Powerful V6 Backup Camera Built in shades for windows in sliding door (essential for kids) Tow package (just need hitch) 2 year free maintenance
Suggested Improvements
The seats are livable but could be made more comfortable. Seat colors are too light stains will show easily unless you have the darker SE seats. More internal storage features. Include hitch.