Disappointed
By bjapril45 on
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have owned my Sienna XLE since April 2010 and have enjoyed it except for the rattling that developed shortly after I purchased it. The right rear passenger door panel is loose and the door and second row seats rattle when driving on all but the smoothest roads. The van has been in for repair of this issue six times at two dealerships, with no satisfactory resolution. As with all my four previously owned Toyota vehicles, I have had no mechanical problems with the Sienna. I have always had a great deal of confidence in Toyota products, but if this issue isn't resolved I probably will sell or trade the van. Not sure I would purchase another Toyota product.
Favorite Features
The seats are very comfortable, and I love the extra roominess of the vehicle. The power lift-gate and sliding rear passenger doors are great.
Suggested Improvements
Improve gas mileage. Better interior fittings. Make the audio controls more accessible.
By sascom
on 11/30/11 13:33 PM (PST)

There is a defect on the seats. I had the same problem. The noise comes from the plastic part that touches the metal that lets the seat slide back and forward. You need to remove your second row passenger seats to see it. The first fix that Toyota did to fix the problem was to wrap the four contacts with duct tape "I could not believe it". Obviously, that went bad very fast and the squeaky noise came back after 3 months. Then I came back and they used a better 3M tape and so far the squeaky noise is gone. The dealer told me that the guys from Japan came up with this workaround and redesigning the whole seat will be required to fix the root cause of the problem. Very disappointed.