Base 4 cylinder
By basesienna on
2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
Just returned from our trip to the mts. Of North Carolina. One day we drove from Franklin to highlands on the gorge rd which is rt. 64, a very steep, twisty, narrow road. We road the 12 miles up and back down from about 2000 ft. Elevation to over 4500 ft. We had absolutely no problem what so ever with the 4 cylinder engine. It performed better than my 3.3 liter Dodge and having the 6 speed transmission made it a breeze. The highest rpm were about 2500. I can't explain what a joy it was to drive this van on that very steep road. I have driven it for the past 10 years with Chrysler products and the Toyota out performed them head over heals. If you are thinking about the 4 cylinder.
Favorite Features
The 6 speed transmission is great. we also like the storage space, visibility, comfortable seats , radio and standard features.
Suggested Improvements
The materials are a little questionable. The rugs seem cheap and the doors don't feel as solid as my dodge.
By kazmaz
on 03/03/11 20:51 PM (PST)

I've read good things about the 4cyl: quiet, smooth, and revs around 2000 rpm @ 60 mph. But, downside was that it consumes as much as the 6 cyl, if not more because it has to work harder. I'm curious as to your fuel consumption (city:highway). Was it as claimed?