Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

OK Car, BAD Doors, AWFUL Tires
By pseca

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pay very special attention to the plastic coated steel wire that is part of power sliding door mechanism. You can find this wire in the groove/track under the rear windows. The plastic coating of this wire on my van dried up and cracked, exposing the steel wire. When this happens, the door will be hard to open. When the steel is completely exposed, eventually the cable can snap. It happened to me and my doors (yes, both sliding doors) are only in manual mode now. I was told that it would cost $2000/door to fix. The front doors have welding issues. When they are opened and closed, they make a LOUD "snapping" noise. This model came with runflat tires. They are expensive to replace.

Power Sliding Side Doors... When they were working...

Either rework the power sliding door mechanism so that no coated steel wires are used or warranty the power door mechanism (includes everything that has anything to do with the opening and closing of the side doors) for life. Ditch runflat tires!!!!

Swagger Wagon Quality?
By paublo73

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van when our 2nd child was on her way last June. Immediately loved the practicality and versatility of the interior. It just makes life easy with kiddos in car seats. Also have used it to haul various cargo and people and wondered what we did without it. It drives well for a van with a smooth ride although the steering and brake feel are a little light. The dash plastic is a tad on the cheesy side but the switchgear has a quality feel. Unfortunately so far we have had a window leak, a recall notice for the brake pedal bracket, and now have a stability control problem that has illuminated 4 warning lights and the central info screen. What the heck has happened to Toyota Quality?

The room, the versatility, the ease of access. It's very maneuverable for a vehicle it's size. It also gets very good mileage: up to 19 MPG in town!

Improved quality both in interior materials and build quality. Also, the steering, brake, and throttle calibrations could be improved. We might be looking at an Odyssey now with as many problems as we've experienced so far.

Love it so far
By tboyd8701

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6 FWD since November 2010. I have put 4100 miles on it. So far I haven't had any issues and this vehicle is the most comfortable I have ever driven. Road trips are very nice, the van has plenty of power and doesn't drive at all like a van. The only complaint that I have so far is the road noise in the second and third row seats at highway speed. I also upgraded the seats after buying to leather, this made a world of difference in the feel and appearance of the van. I would recommend going with the XLE because of the option of leather.

Finally Decided on a Van
By shawnandt

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Time to replace 6 year old Minivan for our family of 5. Don't care what other people perceive as 'Cool or Not' so without question we were getting another M'van. Comfort, convenience, Space and Efficiency all trump any stigma from others. Waited until the new Sienna, Odyssey and the Quest came out to decide and needing an 8 pax for that occasion when one of our kids brings three friends along, the Quest was out. Hours of websearch and extended Drives of each, we decided on the Sienna SE. We loved our Odyssey, but can't get past the new exterior so we got the Sienna. It looks/drives Sporty and loaded with options, Bluetooth, backup camera, moonroof etc; we're very, very satisfied.

Exterior Styling, Driving and Handling is incredible for a minivan. Interior HVAC and Audio Controls are fantastic. Bluetooth and Backup Camera!

8th Seat could be bigger, Memory Seats and mirrors on SE, 110v outlet on all models.

Excellent
By mike0205

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took a month to compare the Odyssey EX and Sienna LE and found that EX lacks features that are standard in the LE. The only advantage on the EX is the second row middle seat but I thought how many days practically I will use it while I will use the blue tooth, backup camera, USB interface, Roof Rails, one touch windows (back seat), XM radio, Sun shield, Home link etc on a daily basis. Also the third row seats in Odyssey is smaller than Sienna and I started getting back ache within a 7 mile test ride (my wife was driving) while I was able to sit comfortable in Sienna with ample leg room (I am 6.1" with 230 pounds). Sienna LE comes out to $3500 cheaper than EX.

Quiet Ride, Back Up Camera, Auto dimming rear view, Blue tooth, Home link ( programmable up to 3 remotes) Stowable second row middle Car Seat (perfect for a 4-6 yr old and I believe I can have my child sit in that for the next 4 yrs without a car seat and she loves it).

1. 2009 Camry has an auto headlight while 2011 sienna has only DRL option which was annoying. 2. Ground Clearance (little shorter) for older people to step in the back row. 3. Second Row middle seat (adjustable horizontally) to fit in a car seat, VCM for mileage improvements. 4. Automatic climatic control in the second and third row.

• SUV