2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
GREAT van! (XLE with Premium Pckg.)
By ahc1111 on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been loving the van -- my first ever. (Swore I'd never buy a minivan.) Had an SUV for past 6 yrs. Bought it online. Buying online is so much easier and you get a better deal with the internet department of a dealership! You can still test drive a vehicle, etc., but don't have the "vultures" (salespeople) to deal with, and aren't stuck at the dealer trying to make a deal. The price is the price, and you can negotiate via email, and make dealers compete for your purchase!

One Happy Toyota Family
By Danlson on 09/08/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After one month and 1300 miles I'm still very impressed with this vehicle. I had a Chrysler Town & Country Touring and the Sienna is so far above that it is unbelievable. The quietness is the first thing I noticed. The wide screen DVD system keeps the kids quiet too. I was so happy to find wireless headsets for that! Some have written about cheap plastic in the interior but I don't find it offensive. Different but not awful. Performance has been great.

Sweet swagger wagon
By Minnesota on 09/06/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First van. Previously we had two accords and two Volvo wagons. This van drives much nicer than expected. Its not as comfortable as a Volvo xc70, but has much more room. The ride and feel is solid. The v6 has plenty of power. I test drove the Honda and liked this as well. The run flat tires are not as loud or stiff as one might expect from other reviews. I rate this van as a buy.

Toyota Heading the way of GM
By Toyotanomore on 08/31/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have Sienna for 2 kid family and one on the way. Purchased for leather and DVD player. Very disappointed. Complex dashboard distracting from driving experience, readout display busy. Plastics are awful, buttons and lever feels like they will snap off in your hand. Front seats very comfortable, rear seats roomy, but awkward for anyone over 5'10". Feels like it was designed for short, obese people. Reeks of cost cutting and poor ergonomics. Ride OK but get seasick at high speed. V6 motor/transmission hunts a lot: revs without oomph. Handling also awkward, too much curb weight. Trunk huge, but hard to load. Rear seat already broken, stability control/DVD keep giving problems.

Like the 2011 Sienna
By SV on 08/31/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at several vehicles (CX9, Enclave, and Traverse) before buying Sienna because none of them offered the room I was looking for. Just drove the first 2500 miles around various places from Chicago to DC in the 2011 Sienna. Everyone in the family felt that the ride was very comfortable. I drove all the 2500 miles and the van handled like a car with no body roll even in the mountains of Virginia. We got 22.5 MPG on the freeway which less than advertised 24 but we hope it might improve. IPod connectivity is great and was able to control songs on the steering wheel. Love the cup holders and trunk space.

We love our first sienna!
By Havasufoodies on 08/28/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I got this base model Sienna for my wife on her birthday. We've owned it for two weeks. I emailed and called different dealerships and even tried the Costco Auto Program. We got this base model Sienna for around $500 UNDER INVOICE! Don't be scared & embarrassed to negotiate, THANKS TO EDMUNDS.COM. I like the reliability of Toyota, i don't care about all the bad publicity. We own a 2005 Corolla as well and we only had to change the battery, tires and brakes. That's it. This Sienna is daddy friendly. It is so quiet that you will not even realize the engine is running. I don't know why everyone else bought the 6 cyl when the 4 cyl CAN DO THE JOB! i have 4 kids and they love it!

Functional and fun!
By ginzero on 08/24/10 16:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have two kids and our Rav4 was just too cramped. Also needed to carry visitors/cargo and go on long road trips. Test drove 2010 Dodge Caravan and Odyssey. The Sienna had smoother shifting of the three and had the most power. Cabin noise was less than the Caravan and about the same as the Odyssey. The Caravan had the most interior function of the three. I went with with a 3 year lease and the Sienna was the best value for my needs. I think the LE is the sweet spot model for the Siennas; lots of features for $28k. The SE model drives slightly better but it's a mini-van, if you want performance look elsewhere. If you want a people mover get this. +1000 miles 20 mpg avg.

Great upgrade, but could be better
By DenverTOYO on 08/18/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

History of multiple Toyota, Lexus and BMW vehicles. The additional kiddo meant we need to trade in the RX300. Overall, not a bad car, but considering the price on the Limited, there is clear room for improvement for a vehicle that would have been a great transition from a Lexus.

New SE
By toy owner on 08/18/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Swapped out a Benz GL 450 for an '11 SE. Very nice vehicle although interior plastics could be of higher quality. drives very well - car like. the x-tra tuning in steering and suspension create a much more German feel than the floaty XLE/LTD. car looks great and wheel, skirts and tire pkg make the car. can't beat the room. hard to argue against as a family hauler. this is our first van. IMO all of the SUVs out there try so hard to provide the utility of a minivan, as most 3rd rows are useless. even with the GL, 3rd row was one of the best in the SUV class, but not much storage beyond the seat when up. not much snob appeal but in today's world who really cares. bye bye 13 MPG!

Refreshing
By stew on 08/17/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After two windstars which I was happy with I decided to buy this Toyota after driving all the others first. This is better then the 2010 Honda but nothing wrong with any of them. The difference from the windstar is night and day. Hwy mileage so far is as advertised 24 mpg. At 75 miles per hour. The only thing I don't care for so far is the back up camera/screen, its way too small. Other than that I simply love this van and so does my wife who is a Honda fan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in WA is:

$134 per month*