Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love it so far
By tboyd8701

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6 FWD since November 2010. I have put 4100 miles on it. So far I haven't had any issues and this vehicle is the most comfortable I have ever driven. Road trips are very nice, the van has plenty of power and doesn't drive at all like a van. The only complaint that I have so far is the road noise in the second and third row seats at highway speed. I also upgraded the seats after buying to leather, this made a world of difference in the feel and appearance of the van. I would recommend going with the XLE because of the option of leather.

Finally Decided on a Van
By shawnandt

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Time to replace 6 year old Minivan for our family of 5. Don't care what other people perceive as 'Cool or Not' so without question we were getting another M'van. Comfort, convenience, Space and Efficiency all trump any stigma from others. Waited until the new Sienna, Odyssey and the Quest came out to decide and needing an 8 pax for that occasion when one of our kids brings three friends along, the Quest was out. Hours of websearch and extended Drives of each, we decided on the Sienna SE. We loved our Odyssey, but can't get past the new exterior so we got the Sienna. It looks/drives Sporty and loaded with options, Bluetooth, backup camera, moonroof etc; we're very, very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling, Driving and Handling is incredible for a minivan. Interior HVAC and Audio Controls are fantastic. Bluetooth and Backup Camera!

Suggested Improvements

8th Seat could be bigger, Memory Seats and mirrors on SE, 110v outlet on all models.

Excellent
By mike0205

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took a month to compare the Odyssey EX and Sienna LE and found that EX lacks features that are standard in the LE. The only advantage on the EX is the second row middle seat but I thought how many days practically I will use it while I will use the blue tooth, backup camera, USB interface, Roof Rails, one touch windows (back seat), XM radio, Sun shield, Home link etc on a daily basis. Also the third row seats in Odyssey is smaller than Sienna and I started getting back ache within a 7 mile test ride (my wife was driving) while I was able to sit comfortable in Sienna with ample leg room (I am 6.1" with 230 pounds). Sienna LE comes out to $3500 cheaper than EX.

Favorite Features

Quiet Ride, Back Up Camera, Auto dimming rear view, Blue tooth, Home link ( programmable up to 3 remotes) Stowable second row middle Car Seat (perfect for a 4-6 yr old and I believe I can have my child sit in that for the next 4 yrs without a car seat and she loves it).

Suggested Improvements

1. 2009 Camry has an auto headlight while 2011 sienna has only DRL option which was annoying. 2. Ground Clearance (little shorter) for older people to step in the back row. 3. Second Row middle seat (adjustable horizontally) to fit in a car seat, VCM for mileage improvements. 4. Automatic climatic control in the second and third row.

Disappointed
By bjapril45

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Sienna XLE since April 2010 and have enjoyed it except for the rattling that developed shortly after I purchased it. The right rear passenger door panel is loose and the door and second row seats rattle when driving on all but the smoothest roads. The van has been in for repair of this issue six times at two dealerships, with no satisfactory resolution. As with all my four previously owned Toyota vehicles, I have had no mechanical problems with the Sienna. I have always had a great deal of confidence in Toyota products, but if this issue isn't resolved I probably will sell or trade the van. Not sure I would purchase another Toyota product.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable, and I love the extra roominess of the vehicle. The power lift-gate and sliding rear passenger doors are great.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage. Better interior fittings. Make the audio controls more accessible.

Really don't like this car...
By shallhb

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After really studying min-vans and SUVs, I decided on the Sienna, based partly on friends' recommendations, based partly on experience with Lexus (a near Toyota). Purchased a limited in April. What a disappointment!. We paid for a aftermarket navigational device. It never arrived, and we got our money back in August. In September, I hit our gate and damaged a door. the car was in the shop for 5 weeks because Toyota didn't have the parts available (according to the body shop, at least). It's noisy, big and a rough ride. Mine is once again in the shop. Brake trouble this time.

Favorite Features

Auto brights, auto windshield wipers, heated seats, good turn radius, accelerates well.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy and rough. Reliability and repair appear to be pretty bad, based on current experience. Cute design