2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
2011 Sienna
By annestoy on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I miss the center console and nooks for garage door opener, etc. I also miss the coin holder and pockets on the backs of the 2 front seats from my 2007 Sienna. The looks of the interior are not that special either. I don't understand why they took out some of the better features and replaced them with nothing! I'm starting to miss my 2007 Sienna. The 2011 even seems smaller.

Disappointed with new 2011 Sienna
By Disappointed on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was a loyal Sienna LE owner since 2006 driving about 35,000 km a year. Previous model was well finished, good handling, and reliable van. That perception changed when I looked for replacement of the van with a new 2011 model after car accident. Obviously my first choice was same make and model. I visited local Toyota dealership and looked at all models of Sienna. I was surprised to find out that interior finish (even the top of the line models)looks so cheap with low quality hard plastics resembling domestic products. I was so turned off by the interior, that I even didn't care to take the van for a test drive. Will look now at new Honda or Nissan vans.

Bad Purchase
By ANW on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spend more than $35K and got a car with no auto head lights, no turning signal on side mirrors. What kind of car is this? Even a low-end Camry comes with auto head lights now. The wood panel is so cheap looking. Anyway, my wife wants it and that is what she get - a lousy van.

Excellent 2011 Sienna
By steve on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased Sienna from Fremont Toyota with $1000 lower than the invoice price through corresponding e-mails. The newly designed 2011 Sienna has enough room fitting a 6 Ft body comfortably. I had my head banging on the door frame in 2010 Sienna. 2011 Sienna has lots of power with very fast and smooth acceleration. It drives solid with sharp turns. Bluetooth in the car functions very well. People can’t tell I’m using the speaker phone while driving on freeway. 2011 Sienna is very quiet on freeway. The two- step rear separate seats up-down is very lovely. Satellite radio is excellent, clear with high fidelity. All the designs are going through thoughtful process. I can even compare 2011 Sienna

Some good, some bad
By random1 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We use the minivan largely for road trips with the family, dog, and gear. The good - very nice looking, quiet and comfortable. Build quality/reliability should be excellent, everything fine so far. Powerful engine, cavernous interior, very nice steering wheel! The bad - the cheap dash plastic and faux-wood trim are horrible. Climate controls are awkward, dash layout is pretty poor, radio controls hard to reach from driver seat. The front cup holders are huge-good luck using them for cups that normal size. Amazing that all these simple things are so poorly executed. The van handles like a boat-it's soft and floaty even for a minivan, Honda and Chrysler both drive better.

Wow. What a difference.
By SoCal Marine Family on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Sienna as a replacement for our 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Our Honda was a great van, and with a large family (5 kids) it was time to find another mini-van. We looked at the upcoming 2011 Honda Odyssey and felt it was a "step backward" in it's design, not very appealing. We liked the way the 2011 Sienna looked and once we test drove it, we knew this was it. At that point it was just a matter of which trim level to buy. Since my wife would only compromise on one color (Blizzard Pearl White), we had to buy the Limited FWD. What Mommy wants, Mommy gets. And I have to keep Mommy happy. If you do the research, you can save A LOT of cash on a purchase. Do your homework!

Nice van
By Cecil on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned this vehicle for about a month and have put 1,600 miles on the car. Although it's still weird for us to acknowledge that we're mini-van owners, we have come to love the van (and so have our kids) in the short time that we've had it. The car is a delight to drive. Its steering is a little light, but otherwise has excellent handling and gets decent highway mileage for a big vehicle (averaging 24-26 mpg doing about 70-75 mph). Perhaps most importantly, our young boys love their separate captain's chairs, rear entertainment system, and ease of getting in and out of the car. Will update the review in several months, but right now can't say enough about this van!

It's not all gravy
By Van driver on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First, lets get the good out of the way. The van is very good to look at, has ample power and is relatively comfortable. However, there are some decisions made by Toyota that boggles the mind. Though the sunroof glass is 20 inches, you only get an 8 inch opening when it's FULLY retracted! Ridiculous!! Unless you are a small person, the armrests are not long enough and are too thin. The footrest for your left leg is once again extremely small. My size 10 feet would not fit flatly without touching a bulge down there somewhere. General quality is also not what i expect from a Toyota. A couple of interior panels are not lined up correctly. There is also cheap looking plastic parts everywhere.

Sadly Disappointed
By aj on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been a loyal Toyota fan and currently have a 2006 Sienna XLE. Went to check out the 2011 Limited and have mixed feelings. The exterior is nice and the technology offerings is up with the times. The interior though is very cheap from the leather, stitching, and most of all the front dashboard. I will probably stick with my current Sienna which feels very luxurious or switch to a different maker. Feels like Toyota just released a superficial vehicle hoping no one would notice the low quality inside. Makes me wonder where else they did cost savings.

From MBZ e-class to Minivan! Love' it!
By toyo mom on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The van is great! Great utility, storage, comfort! The back up cam is very helpful! Been on 3 family road trips and avg. 20 mpg. Pretty good for such a big hauler! Great for kids! Love the sliding doors with shades and optional 8th pass seat if needed. Drove the Odyssey and felt there was too much road noise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$111 per month*